XIV

"Excuse me, I'll just go to the restroom."

I said and took a sip of my coffee while glancing outside where Lisa is before marching towards the restroom.

Holy fucking hell! I didn't come here to add up another pain to my chest. Of all the coffee shops around, why the hell is she here?

"Shit."

I mumble, clenching my fist against the sink. I close my eyes and count to ten to calm my nerves or else, I'll punch an asshole with a gorgeous face.

What the hell, Jen? Why are you still praising that asshole?

I shook my head shrugging off the voice in my head and open my eyes with a groan escaping my mouth. Then, I look in the mirror after washing my hands only to see a woman staring at me with sympathy.

"Jisoo..."

I mutter while looking at her reflection. She just gave me a small smile and asked, "Are you okay?"

That question from her always breaks me down. It has been like that ever since we are kids as she is the only person who can see right through me. My parents were always gone for our business and Rosie is younger than me. I should be strong in front of her as I have to protect her and make her happy, not be vulnerable, and bawled my eyes out when I'm hurt.

Jisoo walks towards me while I'm biting my lip to suppress a cry. But eventually, the tears flow continuously when she rests my head on her chest, rubbing my back.

"Chu..."

"It's okay, Jen. Let it all out. I'm here."

I didn't reply. I clutch on her shirt instead as I cry until there are no more tears left.

"You look stupid."

Jisoo states, chuckling when my sob died down, and lets go of me noticing how pathetic I am.

"So are you."

I roll my eyes at her before washing my face.

"Look at what you did to my shirt."

She groans pointing to her soaked shirt after I fixed myself.

"How rude of you to ask that. Can't you see I'm blind?"

I squint my eyes at her pretending that I can't see which earned a smack on my forehead.

"Goodness gracious! That hurts."

"Blind my ass. No wonder you didn't pass the audition for the drama club. You suck at acting, bitch!"

She scoffs making my eyes widen in surprise. The audacity of this bitch!

"You failed too, bitch! We ended up crying in my house for two hours and then we laughed because Rosie slipped landing on her face first."

We cackle reminiscing our past. It's always like this. It's either she or I cry or we both cry and then we laugh like we were not just weeping two seconds ago.

"Thank you, Chu."

"Always!"

She smiles before engulfing me in a hug which I gladly returned.

"Let's go!"

After that dramatic session, Jisoo grabs my hand and pulls me towards the exit but before we reach the door, I snatch my hand away and run back to the sink.

She looks at me in disapproval with arms crossed and asks a ridiculous question.

"Are you coming with me or are you coming with me?"