(Chapter 7) Picture of Hannah

*----At School the Next Day (Claire's POV)----*

Thank god I was out of that class. I probably would have died if I had to listen to any more about ionic bonds. As I was making my way over to my locker that was just around the corner from my Chemistry class, I rounded the corner and slammed into a broad shoulder chest. The impact caused me to fall backwards towards the ground. As my butt made contact with the hard linoleum floor, all of my books went sprawling to the ground.

"Why don't you watch where your going," I started to say as I began gathering all of my books up. In my peripheral vision, I noticed someone bend down quickly and begin to help me. Mumbling a quick, "Sorry" in the process. Standing up at the same time, we finally had time to look at each other as he passed me the rest of my books.

"You never texted me," said Nate in a snarky voice.

"When did you start going here?" Tilting my head a little to the side and letting all of my hair shift to the right.

"First day." Shaking his schedule in front of my face. "I was looking at the schedule when I ran into you. Sorry about that by the way. Everything here looks the same. I'm trying to find the cafeteria but," he held out an upside down school map in front of him, "from the looks of it, I'm no where near it."

I smiled a little, "I have lunch now too. I have to go to my locker really quick but you can follow me if you want."

Nate nodded his head in agreement and gestured for me to lead the way.

Once at my locker, I shoved my books into the top compartment and slammed my locker shut. I turned around and began to lead the way to the cafeteria with Nate following closely.

"Slow down hot wheels." Nate muttered.

"Speed up Gary."

I heard Nate's footsteps quicken and by the time we entered the cafeteria, he was walking next to me.

"Hey, isn't that your boyfriend?" Nate's finger pointed in the direction of the lunch lines. "He really knows how to pull off a hair net, huh?" He laughed at his own joke and began walking in Brandon's direction.

My heart slowly thudded to a stop. What if Nate said something to my "boyfriend" Brandon? Technically Brandon is my boyfriend though. Just not in the way that Nate thought he was. Sauntering over to where Nate stood in line, I grabbed a lunch tray and started filling my plate with all sorts of food.

Nate smirked down at me and with a smile on his face as he said, "Hungry much?"

"You'll get used to it, " I said as I added a plate of grapes to my tray. By the time I had made it to the end of the lunch line, I had a full plate of pizza, grapes, an apple, some macaroni and cheese, chicken tenders, potato wedges and a cheese burger. Maybe I was a little hungrier than usual. At the end of the line stood Brandon scooping mashed potatoes into little Styrofoam cups. He glanced at me and as his cheeks started to turn red he looked down and kept working.

"You look cute in a hair net Brandon," said one of the girls as she grabbed some mashed potatoes.

"Yeah Brandon, you look cute in a hair net," I mocked. He smiled up at me and in one quick motion, he flicked me off.

After buying lunch, Nate and I walked over to my usual lunch table. I waved to Abby and she winked and continued holding her head down and whispering into her cell phone. Just then, Nate leaned into me and whispered, "So do you let all girls talk to to your boyfriend like that or no?" I just shook my head and shrugged hoping that he hadn't seen Brandon flick me off. "Your relationship seems kinda open with the way he flicked you off like that too," he said as he shoved a potato wedge in his mouth. So he had noticed.