(Chapter 9) Picture of Abby

A/N: Okay so since I have a dentist appointment tomorrow to see if I have to get my wisdom teeth removed or not, I don't have to wake up as early as I normally do tomorrow! Therefore, I had time to upload for you all! Happy reading! -TayMonet

+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+

I yawned deeply, slowly bringing my hand up to cover my mouth. I stretched my arms and legs and and rolled over onto my back, pulling the covers down a little in the process. I could barely remember my dream from the night before. I was sure that it had something to do with an old man, batons and a karate expert. Something of that nature. After rubbing my eyes gently, I opened them leisurely and found myself looking into a pair of emerald green eyes.

Brandon was leaned over me, looking at my face intently. Feeling a little self-concious, I wiped my hand across my mouth. Nope, no drool. What the hell is he looking at me for then?! The corner of Brandon's lips turned up into a smile and his green eyes twinkled in amusement. I put my hand on his chest and shoved it playfully.

"Can you not at me like that?" I asked loudly.

He smiled and took my hand in his. His hands were large and felt smooth and warm in mine. My hand burned and tingled were he was touching me and I couldn't help the warmth that was slowly spreading over my cheeks. He pulled me up out of bed and was practically dragging him behind him as he walked towards my bedroom door. I noticed that Abby was no longer laying on the couch near the balcony. She had probably went to take a shower before school. Brandon continued to pull me along behind him out into the hallway, down the staircase, through the living room and into the kitchenn.

A disheveled version of Abby sat on a stool that was pushed up to the kitchen island. She was not wearing any make up which made her face look youthful and kind of innocent. (Considering the fact that she was wearing an iris blue, low cut, halter sun dress that stopped mid thigh and had a black belt around her waist. She was also wearing a few silver bangles around each of her wrists, a silver necklace with a heart shaped crystal hanging from it and a pair of my ankle boots.) He hair was messy but some how she pulled it off. It looked as if she had styled it to be messy.

"It's about time you woke up!" Hannah threw her hands up into the air for emphasis and grinned at me. Her hair was down and curled perfectly around her face. This was much different from her hair style. I immediately began to become extremely curios as to why everyone was so dressed up when I noticed what Hannah had on. She was wearing a pair of ripped black skinny jeans and a plaid pink button up shirt over top of a white fitted t-shirt. Her pink chucks matched her shirt perfectly and I smiled wondering if she was still afraid to walk in heels.

Abby chuckled, "The deal was that if we let her sleep, when she woke up we would all have a free day to do what ever we pleased."

Running one hand through his hair, Brandon nodded in agreement. "Totally worth it too! I still can't believe he called in and excused us all from school! Man Claire, your dad is the best! My dad wouldn't let me out of school for a day even if I was in a coma!"

I giggled at his comment but was still a little confused as to what was going on.

Brandon must have seen the curiosity on my face because he then answered my unspoken question. "Your dad called school and excused us all from our classes today. He even got Hannah off of work. He wants us to spend a fun day doing what ever we like and he's paying. Isn't that cool?" He beamed at me and his eyes sparkled in excitement.

"So when is our ditching-school-day-of-fun starting?" I wondered aloud.

"As soon as you get dressed!" Abby looked over at me and frowned. "I'm starving so can you hurry? I swear my stomach is about ten minutes from digesting itself!" She winced as her stomach grumbled loudly. She clutched her stomach with both hands and opened her eyes wide.