(Chapter 12)

*Claire's POV*

The music from my iPod pounded into my head, blocking out all of my thoughts. I was listening to a song that I didn't even know I had and all of the lyrics pertained to me.

"Have you ever had the feeling you're drawn to someone? And there isn't anything they could of said or done. And every day I see you on your own. And I can't believe that you're alone... " Blahh Blahh Blahh! I skipped to the next song and listened quietly for a second, checking to make sure that it was a safe song to listen to.

The opening music to "My first kiss by 30h3" played and I flipped to the next song without hesitation. I was immensely happy when a song about black and yellow weed came on. Weird, but it got me to forget about that dang kiss!

I pulled the ponytail holder from my hair and let it fall into loose curls around my face. I didn't have time after my shower to straighten my hair again so I was just planning on leaving it curly for the rest of the week. My hair was still damp and it was cold as it came into contact with the bare skin on the back of my neck.  I shrugged my robe on and pulled my hair out so that it rested on top of the robe.

Lying back onto my bed, I grabbed the closest pillow and held it over my face in an attempt to block out the light that was steadily seeping in through my balcony window. My eye lids were slowly becoming heavier as time passed and I was so minutes away from sleep. The volume of my iPod was cranked up as loud as it would go and if it were not for the vibration of my phone on the bed, I would have never known that it was ringing.

I ripped the ear phones from my head and pushed the pillow off of me as I grabbed my phone that was still vibrating uncontrollably. The caller ID said "BestFriendAbby" so I answered the call and rolled onto my side and waited as it connected. Although Abby had just left my house an hour ago (her sister was home early so she went home), I was already bored without having anyone to talk to.

"Hola Abigal!" I sang into the phone

She giggled, "Heya Claire, I have a quick question for you."

"Mmhmm, shoot."

"May you please stop calling me by that horrid name? It gives me chills." She laughed loudly into the phone causing me to laugh as well.

"I guess I can try. It's kind of catchy, you know?" I smiled and rolled onto my back staring at the ceiling happily. Abby was the perfect distraction from my 'Brandon thoughts'. (Well thoughts about the kiss that I shared with Brandon. Same thing I guess.)

Abby's laughter stopped abruptly, and I had the urge to tell her that I was only kidding about calling her Abigail before she said, "Well, that's not all I had to tell you."

I wasn't instantly curious as to what had caused her mood to change so drastically in such a short amount of time. Did something happen to her sister on her way home? Did she get into an accident? "What's wrong Abby? Is everything okay?"

I heard a deep breath blow into the phone before she spoke again. "I'm fine. I just have one more thing to tell you but you have to promise not to get mad. If you don't want me to go, I will call and cancel. Okay?"

Now I was even more confused. Why would she cancel on her sister's accident? "Abby, I promise! Now tell me what's wrong!"

She blew into the phone again, "Brundun usk me hut." She mumbled into the phone and I could barely understand what she said. Her sister got into an accident on the way home so she had to cancel her Pizza Hut? What? That can't be right.

"What Abby? I can barely hear you, let alone understand you. What did you say?" My words were dripping with curiosity.

"I said, Brandon asked me out!" Now that, I heard loud and clear. Did she really have to scream it?

 I couldn't breathe. It felt as if an elephant had walked into my room and decided to lie down on my bed, crushing my lungs in the process. My eyes widened further as realization hit me. Brandon used me. He knew I liked him s he kissed me when he really liked Abby the whole time. Gosh I am such an idiot!

"Claire?" Abby's voice snapped me out of my personal discussion with myself. "Claire are you okay with me going out with him? You sure you don't have feelings for him? If you do I swear I won't go!"

Of course I like him! You know that! "No I don't like him."

"Are you sure Claire?"

No the hell I am not sure! "I'm sure Abby. Have fun on your date!" I ended the call and flung the phone across my room, where it landed on the couch and bounced off on to the floor. Pressing my eye lids shut tightly, I tried desperately to fall asleep but I was strangely wide awake.

I grabbed my earphones and shoved them into my ear roughly, allowing the music to drown out my thoughts as I tried desperately to fall asleep. Stupid pretty Abby that gets whatever she wants! Dumb Brandon that kisses me and then pretends like it never happened! At least I still have Hannah. Hannah will understand. I repeated this in my head over and over until I fell into a rough sleep.

A/N: Sowwy (This is how my friend likes to say sorry!) I haven't posted in... FOREVER! I had no wifi all weekend seeing as how I stayed with my grandma (Who is mesmorized by my iPod and insists that she needs to get one although I dont see the use if she can't even use WIFI!).

My weekend: Eat. Sleep. Eat. SAT Prep :/. Eat. Shop. Chillax. Shop. Text. Movie. Phone. Sleep. Eat. Shop. Eat. Go Home. Sleep.

FUN HUH!?! Yeah I know right! (Side note: I ate at Panera and then my health teacher was in class talking about how UNHEALTHY Panera was! So I guess all of the shopping burned away the callories! :D) To bad I had Panera again today to celebrate my eight month-aniversary! Hehe I'm such a loser!

Sooooo.... VOTE? COMMENT?? FAN ME PORFAVOR??? xD