𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘮𝘪𝘴𝘦

|| SLIGHT TIMESKIP MANGA SPOILERS AHEAD ||

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

and just like that, was it really the end? was all those miserable years of school, that i wish were to end quickly, finally come to an end? but what now?

"wah finally my school life is over! no more test, no more scrubs, no more-"

"yeah we get it dumb ass, yer happy schools out" osamu said interrupting atsumu's joyful scream, and jokingly punching his arm

you, suna, atsumu, and osamu huddle together to take one finale photo on the school ground with the Sotsugyō Shōsho (japan version of a diploma) in hand.

"so where are you guys going? ya know, what will you be doing for the rest of your life?" you chuckle, they all thought about their answer for a second. while you looked at the sakura petals dancing around you four.

"well i plan on opening a onigiri shop, it sounds adventurous and-"

"aNd I lOvE mAkInG oNiGiRi So So MuCh" atsumu said mocking osamu. then playfully receiving a kick from his brother

"anyway i plan on continuing volleyball, i wanna go pro! i want to continue this undying passion, face new setters, set for better spikers!"

"mm same, i'll probably go pro too." suna said agreeing with atsumu. his monotone voice still at work.

"wow didn't expect you to continue volleyball suna! but of course as expected for our GrEaT aTsUmu" laughing at atsumu for his obvious answer. but you never thought you'd hear suna say he'll continue. he just always seemed bored? i mean he just had a bored look. but his playing said otherwise, unless the team gets a big point lead, then he gets lazy. but your happy that suna knows what he wants to do. he seemed like he would never put thought into it, but i guess he did.

"but i wish you three the best! and osamu i can't wait to see how your onigiri business will go! ya got a name in mind?"

"hmm," he put his hand on in chin, eye closed, hmming for dramatic effect, "onigiri miyas" he said, eyes gleaming, probably drooling from the thoughts of onigiri

you all chuckle at osamu for his dramatic effects, and wished him luck for his risky choice. you wish same for the three boys, knowing that all their choice are risky. but as long as it's what their passionate for, your happy for them

suddenly a phone rings, osamu picks it up, it was a phone call from their mother. she probably wanted the two home soon to celebrate their graduation.

and you were right. 'hm, i wish my parents did the same. when i get home they'll probably want me to get ready and pack.'

"oh y/n chan before we leave, where are ya going? ya never mentioned what you were going to do when ya graduate!" atsumu said, giving a concerned look.

"well i never really put much thought into it, but i have to go abroad-"

"wait what? why? y-you're leaving us? like for good or-?" suna said, eyes slightly widened and phone almost dropping from his hands. heart cracking when he heard you were leaving, when you wouldn't be by his side anymore.

you chuckle at him jumping into conclusions, but could you blame him? and are you going to leave them behind forever? 'i guess i hadn't thought about that too...'

"well i'm going to america to study there. i recently got a scholarship there and well...my parents are making me go, so i don't really have a saying in it." explaining to them, you didn't want to go, you didn't want to leave them behind. you didn't want to leave suna.

"hmph well keep in touch with us yeah? we wouldn't want you forgetting us!" atsumu staring at you, saddened that you have to leave.

"yeah and whenever you come back, bring us some snacks! i never tried american snacks, but yeah keep in touch, kay?" osamu said mouth watering from the thought of foreign snacks. "when you come back we can all have dinner at my future onigiri business! bring the whole team back, oh well last years team, as a reunion!"

time passes, you four sit around talking more, trying to squeeze every last drop of time, before you four have to go your separate ways.

you get a call from your parents, telling you to come home to pack, for the trip you've been dreading.

"well i've got to go guys, i'll miss you all. i'll try to talk to you guys as much as i can ok?! stay safe. i wish you all the best. good luck atsumu, i just know you'll become the greatest setter! good luck osamu, i know your business will be amazing and people all over will come! good luck suna, you'll be the best middle blocker! don't slack ok?! i'll miss you! i really will!" tears threatened your eyes, trying your best to hold them back. but you were engulfed in warmth, the boys hugged you tightly not wanting to let you go. then the tears rub down, oh how long ago was it when you cried like this? when was the last time you were hugged tightly like this? you squeezed back not wanting to let them go as well.

time was running out, this might be the last time we meant together like this. 'please i want to rewind back in time. to admit my feelings. but why have i chosen to finally accept them when time is almost up?'

the twins were first to leave, waving goodbye. leaving you with the tall young middle blocker. both cheeks red from the chilly air and crying.

you held hands with him as you look each other in the eyes, studying each other's features one last time. your phone rings again, reminding you 'it's time to go'.

"well this is goodbye isn't it?"

...

"i promise until we meet again, now matter how long or how far away we maybe from each other. i promise i will marry you and spend the rest of our lives together,
y/n" his heart was finally healed, finally ready to open up, and fulfil his desire for love. something he was yearning for so long.

...

"i love you suna rintarou"

it was like a ding in your head, reminding you time had run out. 'will this be the last time we meet like this?'

"i love you too, y/n"

you both looked into each other's eyes, getting lost in them. 'oh how i'll miss getting lost into those mysterious green orbs, and feeling safe when i hear you talk.'

"promise rin?"

"promise"

"then i promise i'll come back as soon as i finish school!"

although time ran out, it was only getting ready for another chapter in life, right?

you waved goodbye, giving one last glance at the figure slowly shrinking, as the love of your life slowly drifts away.