Chapter 12

Adonis sat at his desk tapping his pen when his phone rang. He decided to ignore it, he didn't feel like being bothered with trivial things at the moment. He was deep in thought, he was thinking about what would be his next move in seducing Adelaide. He stroked the the pen he was holding while analyzing it. He was specifically focused on the gold accents that elegantly hugged and brought out the curves of the pen. It curved like an hourglass... like Adelaide. He decided he would buy her a designer dress. An extravagant dress that had gold accents and would hug her body the way they did the pen. He almost caught himself drooling just thinking about it.

His phone kept ringing and ringing until it got to the point where he could no longer ignore it. He angrily snatched his phone off of the desk and held it between hid shoulder and ear.

"What is it" he scolded

"Where the fuck were you, I've been calling you for the past 30 minutes. I need your help. Morain found out-"

"Found out what?"

"The fuck you think he found out dumbass? He found out about our plan. He's coming, he coming now"

Adonis froze. His heart dropped and his sense of reality shattered. He stopped listening to Stephan. He began to panic so much his heart started to thump like a drum, his breath started to shake, and his vision started to blur so much it was like looking out of the car window on a rainy day. He started to stir himself back to reality when he heard bangs and crashes on the other line. He went to grab his papers along with his laptop to stuff them into a bag. The shuffling and and the sound of furniture breaking continued on the other line. He left his office to grab his assistant for a moment. He wrote a code he had between him and his assistant on a sticky note before shoving it in her face. After she read it her face was struck with absolute fear and terror. She went to her computer and got to work.

"Please!" Stephan screamed on the other line.

"You think you can betray us like that and be spared?" a man on spat towards Stephan. Adonis made sure to stay on the line while swiftly making his way to his emergency exit. He heard more shuffling then followed by two gun shots. He let out a shaky breath of realization. More foot steps followed on the other line when the man picked up the phone.

"Your friend here had a merciful death, but you... " the man chuckled, " You will get exactly what you deserve, you will get the sentence that you gave yourself."

He immediately hung up the phone and gulped down his fear where he let it sit at the pit of his stomach and emanated into his every move. Once outside of the building he called one of his disposable men to take Adelaide to one of his secret hideouts. He threw his phone as far as he could just before flagging someone down and jacking their car.

A/N

Oof another short chapter and I'm late so double upload this week. Sorry people, I've been trying to secure myself a PS5 for almost a month, but its not working out :( I'm gonna keep trying though. Next chapter should be uploaded by Thursday or Friday.