Chapter 4

Two months had past since Adonis had met Adelaide and learned of Jackson's history with her. At first Adonis was left in shock by the truth that Jackson Had revealed. As much as he didn't want to admit it, it hurt him deeply. He thought Jackson was his best friend and vice versa, but apparently not. To Adonis he felt as though it were the ultimate betrayal. Fury started to boil when Jackson walked out of the room with that snarky comment. Then he thought about it a bit more. He didn't really do anything wrong. Adonis' fury simply came from the fact that he assumed to have a more important, meaningful roll in someones life and that turned out not to be true. For the first time ever he let a kind act and great charisma infiltrate the stone cold facade he had built for himself.

Another moment passed and he began to think about the meaning behind Jackson's words. "He would turn his back on his don for her? He would take hours of brutal, intense torture for her? He would die for her?" Adonis thought to himself. That's essentially what Jackson was saying by stating he would turn his back on the don. He started to realize that it takes a truly deep connection for someone to do that for another person. Jackson would do it for him because he was obligated to, but for him to go through that purely based the amount of care and affection he had for her was something different. Adonis soon felt that anger exponentially seeping back into him. He began to notice this wasn't the normal anger he was feeling before, it was jealousy. Adelaide was starting to chisel her way into the stone and he didn't like that. It had to change.

He made the decision to not see "bump" into Adelaide after all, but he still had his men following and keeping tabs on her for the past couple of months. He convinced himself that it was for extra protection since more eyes were on them because of the upcoming wedding next week. He never understood why when people heard the arrangement had a tendency to frighten them. The Leroux family had always been on good terms with the Greek mafia. Although it was an odd pairing, they worked well together. The marriage would only make things official. He didn't mind it scaring people, he just wondered why.

_______________________________________

Jackson pulled up in front of Adelaide's house. He got out the drivers seat and walked to the front with a large take out bag in his right hand. He was about to knock on the door with his left, but before that could happen his twin, Dimitri, opened the door.

"Damn, bruh. I don't even get to knock."

"Man shut yo ass up," Dimitri replied before pulling him in for a bro hug, "It's been too long, Jack"

"I know, I need to visit more often" he said before patting him on the back.

Dimitri let go and pulled him inside. "Listen bro you better get in there before she tears the whole place up. You know how she gets when she's hungry."

Jackson's eyes widened a bit in fear before he went to jog upstairs to Adelaide's room while Dimitri followed. Jackson knocked before opening the door and poking his head in.

"Hey! You're not allowed to do that yet. Only parents can do that and to my knowledge you have no children" she whined before stomping over and snatching the food from his hands.

"I haven't seen you in how long, and this is how you greet me? Damn girl. You must be really starving" Jackson commented.

Adelaide prepared 3 plates. 2 normal sized portions and 1 heaping portion for herself. She grabbed her plate and utensils then walked into the small living room that was connected to her room. Jackson and Dimitri followed suit. It was quiet for a moment. Mainly because the twins were awe by how Adelaide was scarfing down her plate and even got seconds before they even finished their first. When she finally calmed down, the trio spent hours catching up on their lives while bantering. When the sun started to become weary and bestow it's warm hues, they decided to go for a drive.

They ended up finding a fancy gelato place that had every flavor you could imagine. Adelaide thought Dimitri was boring for getting only 1 scoop of dark chocolate. Jackson got tiramisu and Adelaide got a scoop of each of peach and mango. She also saw they had some Russian dessert called medovik so she decided to try a slice of it. Apparently it's a russian honey cake with sour cream frosting. The pairing didn't sound like a harmonious blend, but she felt adventurous at the moment. They all enjoyed their sweets together. Adelaide especially loving the medovik. On the drive back to her house, Adelaide started thinking about what Adonis had been up to since they were supposed to be married soon.

"Hey Jacky. What's your 'boss' been up to?" Adelaide questioned.

"Huh?"

"What has Adonis been up to?" she repeated slowly.

Both of the boys looked at her as if she had clown makeup on. "You're asking about 'the misogynistic manipulative asshole'? Why?" Dimitri asked.

"Well he was a bit odd when he crashed his own meeting. I was just wondering. This guy is about to become my husband in the next week or so, I shouldn't be questioned for checking up on him" Adelaide retaliated a little too passionately.

"Laidey?" Jackson questioned.

"Yes"

"Do you like him.."

"No! You know I have much disdain for him" she answered. Dimitri squinted his eyes at her suspiciously. Jackson hummed as if he were a computer analyzing new information.

"Was just checking because Adonis seemed the be enchanted by whatever you did to him at that... rendezvous." Adelaide and Dimitri gave him a grotesque face filled with both horror and shock. Jackson gave out a hearty laugh.

"Yeah, you have him whipped. He ordered me to stalk you and tell him of the places you visit often. He also ordered his men to follow you a round to 'protect you', but it was really for his nosy ass"

"Jackson! You knew his men were following me and you didn't tell me?!" she screeched. Dimitri got into a more comfortable position then began to snack on his chips like he was watching a juicy reality TV show.

"Relax! What's a little extra protection going to do to harm you" Jackson tried to reason.

"What about him stalking me for information!?"

"You have nothing to worry about, I've been monitoring the men that are watching you. I let them think they're getting good information on you when they really don't know much. I wouldn't let your privacy be invaded like that."

Adelaide stared stiffly stared out the car window with a blank expression on her face. The twins knew what this meant. They weren't afraid to admit that they were scared of her. Everyone always under estimated Adelaide, but they were wrong to. She liked to play into it. As usual people are too stupid to see that she was more than she seemed, but that just fed her more power. A cruel young woman she was.

" Jackson?" Adelaide calmly asked.

"Yes"

"Do you know where Adonis is?"

"Yes"

"Take me to him."

Just like that, Jackson went ahead and turned the car around.