Chapter 19 - The Marshes - PART TWO

I edited this as fast as I could but if I attempt to do a full edit it will take me days cos I'm mad busy and I'll never get it up on here and will get more grief. I hope this chapter is still (somewhat) consistent. And NOW you see why it was split! Could have been two separate chapters but oh well, too late now. Oh, and Darius fans, look away now ( :(  ).

                       Chapter 19 - The Marshes - PART TWO

Just like an unforgiving sucker punch, I closed in before he even had a chance to see me coming. Much like we'd always been. Blindsided by each other.

"So, you're just standing there are you?" I said to his back. I could feel my frustration coming full force through my hands and they pushed out at him so hard that he faltered forward, stepping twice. I flung my next words at him just as hard.

"How are you just standing there, huh? How the hell are you just standing there!"

He turned around and startled a little at me, blinking at the sight of me. A realisation that I was standing there caught him, but there was a mixture of confused, stunned and...something else entirely. But I didn't even give myself time to process it, just pushed his front instead.

But it wasn't like he moved this time. I'd just managed to push at a shoulder, a shoulder that moved back slightly, his face turning with it as he paused for a second, it looked like he was trying to grasp that I'd even done that. He blinked several times with wide eyes like I'd just punched him in the face.

"I was waiting like crazy for you!" I felt my hands gun for him again like an embodiment of everything I couldn't emotionally release any other way. I didn't know how to right now.

"Whoa whoa whoa, Bree. Whoa stop." Reggie grabbed my wrists, pulling me away with him a second and backing me up, but I was too stubborn in my resistance and he was too tough to squirm against. He gave me just enough force to keep hold of me but I was still giving him a run for his money.

"I called you, you know?" I yelled over Reggie's shoulder. "Didn't he tell you that? I went to Reds. I was there almost every damn day talking the ear off your mate in the vain hope that you might walk through the door. That I might see you again. And you're just standing there!"

He looked really hard at me, brows drawn, eyes narrowing. They just ran down me and up again. He seemed to use a moment to take a long, unyielding look at me, and I guessed I was pushing it slightly, but I was too clouded.

The music was so loud we hadn't really disturbed too many people, just his immediate circle. Not that I cared. I was blinded by the sight of him like this to see straight anyway. I didn't care who was around.

"Like what, huh?" I spat out, practically foaming at the mouth. "Like you're over me already? Was I really that easy to just get over? Was I a blip on your heart, Malachy? Just drink me into oblivion and onto the next one?" I flashed my eyes over to the flirt nearest him as she backed away. Smart move.

His eyes blazed at me. "What the hell? The next one?"

"I waited like a fool for you! I lay there thinking about you all night, every night that you were gone. Wondering who you were with and all this other crap, it was nothing—nothing but you!"

"Bree—"

"No. No!" I managed to pull a hand out of Reggie's clasp over my wrist and point the most vicious finger Malachy's way. "You don't get to say shit to me anymore!"

His face completely turned. "Oh, I don't, huh?"

"No! It felt like you kicked me in the stomach when you left. You fu*king hurt me!"