Chapter 7

3rd Person POV

"Why is this happening!?" Hajime exclaims in utter shock and fear. He doesn't understand. He can't believe Mahiru is really dead.

He can't believe… someone here killed her.

"H-Hajime... F/N...." Kazuichi spoke up

"This day started so well... We were gonna have a beach party... We were gonna... have fun... So... How come...? HOW COME THIS HAPPENED?!! SOMEONE, TELL ME NOW!" He shouts at them.

Nobody had an answer to that. After all... They were just as confused as Kazuichi was.

"For now we… need to forget about that." F/N finally said something as he approached Hajime and Kazuichi.

"What…? H-How can you say that!? This isn't something we can just–!"

"Relax…" F/N held a finger up, signaling Hajime to be quiet.

"Before either of you say anything else, I have to tell you something important. It's about that…" He pointed towards the metal bat beside Mahiru's body, specifically, he was referring to the wire wrapped around it.

"Huh? Wires…?" Hajime mutters, mostly in confusion.

"That's right. Don't forget about it."

"Who cares about that!?" Kazuichi shouts at F/N.

"Just shut up and listen. I have a plan to catch the culprit quickly, but… I need you both to cooperate with me completely for it to work." F/N explains to them.

"You do? W-What is it?" Hajime questions him.

F/N motioned for them to come closer, and when the two boys were close enough for F/N to whisper in their ear, he explained everything to them.

Hajime's eyes widened in shock for a moment, then he and Kazuichi looked at each other. They were both a little skeptical about this.

"Are you sure this will work?" Hajime asks.

"It will, trust me. I just need to make sure you guys play along with it until I say the words." F/N assures them.

"I-I mean, it might work, but…" Kazuichi muttered.

"...Huh?" Ibuki exclaims as she walks into the beach house, interrupting their conversation.

But as soon as she lays eyes on Mahiru's corpse, she starts foaming from the mouth in shock, and she nearly falls over.

"T-This isn't the time to go into shock! Go get the others!" Hajime orders her in a shaky voice.

Nodding her head, Ibuki quickly ran out of the beach house. To retrieve everybody else.

It was a while until the rest finally arrived. Some of them had to change out of their swimwear... So it took some time.

However, Hajime was hardly able to notice it. How could he?

His thoughts were an endless cacophony of emotions and thoughts. Thinking about Mahiru's death and what F/N had told him, he just couldn't possibly notice what was going on around him.

His senses had gone numb... And so had his emotions. It felt... like all his thoughts and feelings were just... peeling off of him... And when he finally came back to his senses, the others had arrived.

"W-What's going on?!" Akane exclaims as she runs into the building

"Eeeeeeeeek! W-Why is Mahiru...?!" Mikan already had tears in her eyes the moment she saw Mahiru's body

The girls were standing in front of the beach-side door, their faces all pale.

"W-What happened here...?!" Sonia frantically asks as she enters