Prologue: The Foundation of the Future

3rd Person POV

A dark an empty void… with the only thing in sight being a single door.

This place… this incomprehensible place is where a boy found himself.

He doesn't understand how he got here, because not but moments ago he was about to step foot onto the grounds of Hope's Peak Academy.

"Huh...? ...What is this?" The boy spoke to himself, as he was alone in this void.

He glanced at the door, as it was the only "thing" that existed in this void.

"A door…?"

"…I need to hurry."

"Because I need to go inside this classroom." When the words left his mouth, the boy was confused.

"...Need? ...What "need"?"

"No... I should hurry."

The boy walks up to the door and places his hand on the knob. When he turns it and pushes the door, a blinding light hits him before he finds himself in a classroom filled with other people, who all stared at him when he arrived.

"...Huh?" The boy looked around, completely confused by what is happening.

"....."

"...Who are you?" A silver haired girl with glasses asks him

"...Eh?"

"Um... are you quite alright? Your face appears most pale..." A blonde girl points out

"I... I'm..." The boy mutters

"Hey, maybe... Did you also just enroll here?" A red head girl asks

"...Ah! Are you all...?"

"Yep! That's what it looks like. We're the new students here." A boy with pink hair answers him.

"They're probably gathering all the new students in this classroom." A girl with a hairclip from an old game theorizes.

"We're being... gathered?" The brown haired boy asks.

"...Oi. How about you at least come into the room?" A rather large man in a white suit requests.

"Eh? Oh, excuse me!" The brown haired boy says as he walks inside.

"Hm..." There was a boy with black hair and wearing a purple scarf. He and the boy who just arrived made eye contact for a moment, but the black haired boy just looked away without a word.

"Um, can I ask a question...?" The brown haired boy requests.

"...What is it?" The large man asks him.

"Why did you all gather here in this classroom? I don't remember being told to gather here... Are we having the opening ceremony or something here?"

"I was just thinking about discussing that matter with everyone." The large man says

"...You were?"

"You don't mind, do you? It seems we are all here, so we might as well talk about it."

"Eh?! This is everyone?! How'd you figure that, huh?!" A very vibrant haired girl asks as she looks around the room.

"There are seventeen desks in this classroom. Now that he's here, there are seventeen of us. It doesn't take a genius to figure it out." The large man says

"So, what should we talk about? Does anyone know why we've all been gathered in this classroom?" A boy in a chefs outfit asks

"There's one thing I want to ask first. Does anyone here recall actually coming to this classroom?" The large man asks