Chapter 16

3rd Person POV

It was the middle of the night, and even though they were all in shock after the return of Nekomaru, all the students returned to their cottages to rest up for the night.

And yet, Monokuma was wandering about Jabberwock Park, as he was called to that spot by somebody important.

"Ah, I apologize that I made you wait. I was a little worried that I may have woken someone up while leaving, so I made sure I wasn't being followed or anything."

"You better be sorry after making me wait this long, buster! I'm a busy bear you know." Monokuma stamped his feet against the ground.

"Right, of course. In the spirit of respecting your oh so precious time, I'll be quick about what I'm here for. You see, I'm aware you have important information that you've been keeping from us all from the beginning. Whatever it is you know, there's a few things I'd like to set straight with you."

"Hm...? Me spilling the beans depends on what kind of information you're talking about here. I need specific answers here." Monokuma quickly realized the true purpose of this conversation, and his grin expanded beyond what it ever has before.

"Sorry, I guess I was being a bit vague. Then please listen carefully now, because we have a lot to talk about."

With the whites of his eyes going pitch black, this person started discussing with Monokuma about all the important information he had and made a few requests that Monokuma immediately planned on ignoring...

**

**

As the morning came around, everyone has gathered together at the restaurant for the first time in a while, and it seems like there were good spirits all around.

"Man, the food today was awesome as usual!" Akane cheerfully scarfs down her food without a care in the world, while Nekomaru who was sitting next to her let's out a laugh.

"As always, you sure do eat a lot! I feel relaxed just by looking at you!"

"...." Unfortunately for Hajime, he couldn't be so cheerful, as getting used to Nekomaru and his new form just wasn't possible.

That and he's been worrying about so many things lately. Not only what he heard from F/N yesterday, but now that the motive is done with, he's realized something dire.

It feels as though everyone is barely any closer to solving the issue at hand. Even with the hint F/N gave, he feels like they know nothing about their circumstances.

That is if he ignores what Mikan had stated while infected with the despair disease.

Mikan is sitting not far from him, her head pointed downward towards the table. It seemed like she was worried about something.

"Anyway... what are you gonna do, Mechamaru?" Chiaki stopped eating her breakfast and turned towards Nekomaru.

"Mechamaru? You're used to him already!?" Hajime exclaims.

"What am I going to do...?"

"For food... Do you need, like... oil?"

"Regular? Premium?"

"Nah, he doesn't need oil. Since he said he's "pure electricity", maybe he's battery-powered or something..." Kazuichi chimes in.

"I can totally eat normal food! Especially rice dishes, I can't keep my eyes off them!!! However...I've been feeling a little down today...so I don't have much of an appetite..."

"Are you malfunctioning!? If you show me your insides, I can fix you up, you know!" Kazuichi immediately shot up from his seat.

"NOOOOOOOO MEANS NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!"