Chapter 13

3rd Person POV

*Ding Dong Ding Dong*

"Ahem... Hope's Peak Academy's School Trip Executive Committee has an announcement to make... Gooooood morning, everyone! Looks like today is gonna be another perfect, tropical day! Now then, let's show some enthusiasm and make sure to give it our all today!"

"...Another day of having to deal with this stupid disease..." Hajime mutters to himself as he stares at the door of his cottage contemplating whether or not it's even worth heading to the hospital today. Nothing ever changes, it's all just the same thing, but a different day.

"...."

"Maybe Mikan at least managed to keep Nagito from dying. Any news is good news by this point. Even if it's about someone like him." Hajime concludes as he sighs deeply and exits his cottage. However, once he steps outside, he sees Fuyuhiko also leaving his cottage.

"Ah, morning Hajime." Fuyuhiko says as a form of greeting towards Hajime

"Oh, hey, Fuyuhiko. I guess we'll be accompanying each other to the hospital this time around." Hajime responds

"Guess so. Well, let's hurry." Fuyuhiko says before walking off in the direction of the third island with Hajime following behind in silence.

****

When the two entered the hospital, they saw F/N already in the lobby. He was sitting on a chair right beside the receptionist's desk, his uninjured hand balled into a fist that he used to hold his head up.

"Oh, you're surprisingly early today, F/N. How's it going?" Fuyuhiko asks F/N as the two make eye contact briefly.

"Ah... About time you two finally got here. The others at the motel are already calling. It'd be rude to keep them waiting." F/N tells the two new arrivals as he leads them to the video call area.

"Hey, F/N, did something happen? Why's your hand bandaged?" Hajime questions him.

"That's…" F/N paused. "I'll explain in a minute. For now, let's call the others."

"See? The lights blinking. Best not keep them waiting for much longer." He advises before pushing the button and allowing the screen to flare to life.

"Hey, hey! How's it going y'all?" Kazuichi exclaims with a bright smile on his face as he and everyone else in the motel group, except for of course Hiyoko, show up on the screen.

"Glad to see you guys are still doing alright." Chiaki chimes in with a relieved expression.

"We're doing fine." Hajime answers her.

"Oh yeah!" Kazuichi exclaims. "That reminds me. How's everything going on your guy's end? Any new information you've got?" He asks the three at the hospital.

"Well, me and Fuyuhiko just got here, so we didn't have a chance to check on everyone yet. But F/N has been here for at least a little bit, maybe he knows something." Hajime concludes.

"Well.... That is true. I have a bit of news for everyone." F/N mutters as he twirls a lock of hair between his fingers.

"Huh? Is there something wrong with your hand?" Sonia questions him.

"Oh? Have you too had to sacrifice it to avoid calamity?" Gundham raised an eyebrow.

"Actually… it is something like that." F/N admits.

"F/N… what happened?" Chiaki had a worried expression. She could tell better than anybody that something wasn't right here.

"Well, I'll admit it. I have both good and bad news for everyone. So which do you want me to start with?" F/N asks everybody.