Chapter 21

The next morning, both of them miraculously woke up at the same time. Hoseok could see through the window that the dawn was just barely beginning, the light a soft yellow.

“Taehyung,” he whispered, breaking their silence.

They were both sweaty and pretty gross--normally Hoseok would have insisted that they showered again, but he had honestly been pretty exhausted after their second round of sex, and couldn’t force himself to move--and Taehyung had cuddled him all night like he was a pillow, which only made them sweatier.

They needed to get up. They needed to get showered and to make breakfast and then feed the chickens and tend to the garden, and Hoseok knew this, but. He honestly just wanted to lay here with Taehyung and not move at all, ever.

“Hyung,” Taehyung said, pulling Hoseok tighter to his chest. “It’s cold.”

“I know,” Hoseok replied, rubbing at Taehyung’s forearms with his hands as if that was supposed to do anything. It didn’t, but considering how Taehyung bent down to kiss his shoulder, he imagined that Taehyung didn’t care too much. “But we should still get up.”

“What if...we just don’t get up. Not for a while, at least.”

“We feel so gross, though...”

“We’re all sticky,” Taehyung admitted, “but what if...we were sticky together?”

“Wouldn’t that just make us stickier?”

“Maybe,” Taehyung said. “But it could be a good sticky. The best sticky.”

“Is there such thing as a good sticky?”

“Yes, there is, and it’s us. Right now.”

“Hmm.”

Hyuuuung,” Taehyung started again.

At this, Hoseok turned to face Taehyung. His face was soft with sleep still, and there were crease lines in one of his cheeks from how hard his face had been pressed against the pillow as he laid there, Hoseok overflowed with fondness for Taehyung.

Yoongi had been right, Hoseok was lucky that he wasn’t rotting at the bottom of Taehyung’s garden right now, but it was more than that. Hoseok just felt so overwhelmingly lucky that he had met Taehyung at all.

It was a complete accident that everything that had happened so far had happened on pure chance. Hoseok could think of no circumstances where they would have met that wasn’t accidental.

Taehyung lived so far away, and Hoseok was so busy, nothing was plausible. Their lives were so different. It was as if there was a long and winding road between them, that had miraculously become shorter from something like magic.

Hoseok didn’t believe in magic, or fate. He had gone through too much--had worked too hard--to have any cloud light dreams like that still inside of him. But luck--Hoseok still believed in that, because there was some measure of luck involved in his line of work, whether or not people wanted to acknowledge it.

Hoseok wasn’t going to question it.

He just looked at Taehyung’s face, and couldn’t help the smile that spread over his face. He reached out to touch Taehyung’s cheek, and watched as Taehyung blinked. His face looked so serious, as lax as it was with relaxation and tiredness.

“Okay,” Hoseok said, snuggling closer into Taehyung. “Let’s sleep for another hour.”

---------

Yoongi had managed to get off until Monday--he was driving in Friday afternoon and would leave Friday night, if everything went according to plan--and the closer the weekend got, the more excited that Hoseok was.