32

Luke's POV.

Me and Michael walked into Chloe's room, and I saw her sleeping peacefully.

I sat in a chair that was beside her bed, and leaned my elbows down on my knees. I let my head drop, and I looked down at the floor. I didn't try to hold in any tears. I really didn't. I skipped the whole process of letting my eyes burn, so this time, I just let it out.

"How did this all happen so fast?" I asked in a hushed voice. Michael rubbed my back, and I looked down at the little nine year old girl sleeping.

"This shouldn't have to happen to her." I whispered. I saw her stir around, and I quickly wiped my eyes.

"Hey sweetie." I said once her eyes opened.

She didn't respond, but she just stared at me. "Leave me alone." She mumbled, and I tilted my head. "Chloe?" I asked.

"What?" She asked, jumping down from her bed.

"Why won't you talk to me?" I asked.

"Because Luke. You forgot about me." She said, looking back at me. She grabbed another blanket, and jumped back on her bed.

"What? Chloe I didn't forget about you." I said quietly, feeling my eyes softening again.

"I'm little; Not stupid, Luke. Ever since Logan was born you never talk to me. You've barley even been home. You just come to say hi to mum. You never even talk to me. You haven't talked to Alex either. If I weren't sick, you still wouldn't even be here!" She yelled, and I saw tears fall from her little eyes.

It amazed me how she figured everything like that. I reached up, and wiped her tears as I felt them falling from my eyes. I heard the door being opened, and I saw a girl with red hair walk in. Alex.

"Chloe come downstairs f- oh. Hi Luke." She said quietly.

She walked over and sat on the bed with Chloe. They both sat in silence, and I laid my head down on the bed beside them. "I'm so sorry." I cried.

"Luke. What's going on?" Alex asked sincerely.

"I've been trying so hard to be a good dad that I haven't even thought of what a horrible brother I'm being." I whispered. I felt someones hand running through my hair.

"Luke. It's okay. You've got a lot going on right now." Alex said, and is nodded, lifting my head and wiping my tears with my hand.

"What's that?!" Alex asked, grabbing my hand. She looked at the ring on my finger.

"Luke? You didn't tell us you were getting married! How long have you had this?!" She asked, dropping my hand.

"Uh. A month." I said, and her face dropped. "Oh. A month." She repeated, and stood up. "I'm gonna go back to my room. Chloe go get some thing to eat." She said, and walked out of the room, and I walked after her.

"Alex!" I called.

"What Luke?!" She asked harshly, turning around. I saw a thin streak of black going down her cheek. I followed her into her room. "What did I say?" I asked.

"What did you say? You said absolutely nothing! That's the problem. You've been engaged for a month, and it makes me feel pretty worthless to know that you just happen to forget to tell your sister. Did you not even think about me or Chloe?" She asked. I sighed, and placed my head in my hands.

"I'm sorry Alex. I dont know how many more ways I can say it. I'm sorry." I groaned.

"I'm sorry I totally forgot about you. I'm sorry you weren't important enough for me to talk to for over two months!" She yelled, mocking me.

I'm glad Michael and Chloe are in her room, because I really wouldn't want them to hear this.

"I'm trying to apologize!" I yelled, throwing my hands up in the air.

"This isn't some thing you can just say you're sorry for, and then everything be okay. It hurts to know your brother doesn't even think about you anymore." She said, and I sighed.

"We were fine without you here. Just go back to Michael's house. There's really no reason to think about the people who were there for you when you didn't even have Michael to depend on." She said quieter. She led me out of her room, and once she closed the door in my face, i sat on the stairs, and cried into my knees.

They both hate me. I guess I gave them a reason, but i don't like this feeling one bit.

25 votes, 6 comments?