21

Luke's POV.

8 months, and 3 weeks pregnant. I felt like I was going to pop. I went to the doctors, but they gave me the option of either staying in the hospital or going home, and I decided on home. I do have another check up today though.

Me and Michael decided to not find out the gender of the baby because we wanted to be surprised. We'd be happy with either a boy or a girl.

Michael helped me as I waddled out to the car. I had a large black T-shirt on along with my grey sweatpants and vans. Michael had to put my shoes on for me since I can't even see my toes any more.

He got into his seat, and I felt a cramp in my stomach and side. I groaned, laying my head back on the seat. "Michael It hurts." I whined. "I know Lukey. I know it hurts." He said, pulling from the driveway. I took in deep breaths. It hurt to walk anymore.

"Michael. Do you still have- oh sh- Michael!" I panicked. He looked over to me, and pulled on the side of the road. "No don't stop! Keep going!" I yelled, taking deep breaths. "What's going on?!" He yelled. "I'm giving birth to a child! My water just broke!" I yelled, squeezing his free hand, as he got back on the road and drove down the street, getting closer to the hospital.

"It's okay Luke. Just breath-" "I am breathing! If I breath any harder my lungs are gonna pop too!" I snapped. He paid for parking really quickly, and then got the space closest to the door. He ran to my side, picking me up, and running me inside. He came up to the desk, and I guess the doctors got the point that I was about to give birth when they put me in a wheelchair.

They wheeled me down the hallway, and Michael followed closely behind, calling my mum, Alex, and the boys. They quickly got me in a room, and I managed to get up on the bed myself. They handed me the hospital gown, and left all except one nurse.

"Your contractions will be pretty minor from now on, just get changed, and we'll start." She said, and I nodded. Once she left, Michael helped me put the gown on. Once it was on, I sat on the side of the bed. He placed his forehead on mine, and I looked up into his eyes. "You're gonna do great." He said, engulfing me in a hug. I nodded, and he gave me a small kiss, before walking out to get the nurse.

I watched as a few doctors walked in, and they began hooking me up to the thing to ge my heart rate and all the other doctor stuff I don't understand.

"This could take minutes. Or hours. Or all night." The nurse said, as I felt my stomach clench up slightly, but releasing quickly.

--

I had my -section, and the baby was rushed off quickly. Even though I was in slight pain, I was so excited to hold my baby.

--

"Logan Alexander Clifford." I whispered, holding our baby boy in my arms. I looked back to Michael, and he lifted the baby from my arms, holding him in his own. "I can't believe this." I said quietly, laying my head on Michael's shoulder, and letting a few tears fall out of my eyes. "Me neither." He whispered, kissing the top of my head.

There was a knock at the door, and it opened soon, and I saw my mum walk in followed by Chloe and Alex. I smiled at them, and mum covered her mouth with the tip of her hand, and I saw her eyes tearing up.

"Don't cry mum." I whispered, and handed her Logan. She smiled down at him, "He's beautiful." She said, sitting in the chair beside the bed. Chloe sat in the one beside her and started playing with the baby's hand. "Do you want to hold him, Alex?" Mum asked.

Alex turned to me. "Can I?" She asked. "Of course." I said, and she smiled, carefully taking the sleeping baby from mums arms. "He's so little. And so adorable." She said sitting on the edge of the bed beside me. I nodded, and there was another knock at the door. I looked up, and saw Ashton and Calum.

Ashton and Alex were a thing now. I still kept my eyes on him, but he was okay now. And for Calum, we became closer over the months when Michael forced him to look after me when he was busy.

"Hi guys." I said quietly, my voice still a little raspy.

"Hey. How'd it go?" Ashton asked, sitting beside Alex.

"Perfect." I said, and leaned back on Michael's chest.

"What's the little guys name?" Calum asked, touching his arm.

"Logan Alexander Clifford." I smiled. "That's adorable." Alex cooed. I smiled, and she handed him back to me. "He gets to go home tomorrow." I said, and smiled up at Michael. He smiled, and laid his head down on my shoulder.

--

Around 10 p.m., Everyone headed home. Michael was allowed to stay with me though. We laid down on the hospital bed, and Michael wrapped one of his arms under me, holding my waist, and the other was slung over my body, holing the sleeping baby's arm. "I can't believe we have our own family." I whispered, glancing up to him. I looked back at the baby, and felt a pair of lips on my neck.

A knock on the door caused Michael to detach his lips, and move back. A doctor walked in.

"Hello Mr. Hemmings. Is it okay if we run a few tests on Logan? It'll take about 15 minutes, then we'll bring him right back." He asked. I nodded, "Yeah, of course." I said, handing Logan to a nurse that had just walked in behind the doctor. "He's so precious." She said, and I smiled at her as they all walked out.

Once the door was shut, silence filled the room. I felt Michael's grip on my waist tighten, and his lips attached to my neck where they left off. I closed my eyes and a short breath left my lips. "You did such a good job today, baby." He whispered into my ear, nibbling on it softly. He kissed the sweet spot right below my ear and a whimper fell from my mouth. "I love you." He whispered, pecking it again softly, nuzzling his face into my neck.

"I love you, too." I said, running my hand over his arm.

Birth. How fun. 30 votes, 6 comments?