Chapter Thirteen

"Remi!" Miss Lopez called from downstairs.

I was in my room listening to Jacobs song "What Are You Waiting For?".

I yelled back, "Yes!"

"Someone is here to see you!"

"I'm busy right now!" I said, hopping that she would give up trying to make me come downstairs.

"I'm coming upstairs."

I sighed, I had to tell her something, maybe the truth. I watched as my door slowly opened to see Miss Lopez face looking concerned.

"Señorita what's wrong?" She said, sitting next to me on my bed.

I looked down staring at my hands, "the guy downstairs is my father."

"Why don't you want to see him?"

"Because.. I don't like him and he scares me."

Her face expression had changed and she seemed more opened to hear me.

"Remi you have to face your fears darling, you can't hide from him forever. I'll be right there with you." She said, taking my hand with a smile on ger face.

She was right, I can't hide and I'm tried of it. I walked downstairs with her, he was taking glances at the place. Just like I was, when I had first got here. When he had turned around a pleasant smile cane on his face, he was dressed in a suit like he had a job. His hair was cut short on the sides, making the middle part just a little longer than the rest and it was curly. He had a dark skin complexion with brown eye's.

"Hey sweetie"

"Hey dad."

"You've gotten so big, I haven't seen you were 6. Gosh, time has flew."

"Yeah, what are you dressed up for?"

"I gotta job interview in 15 minutes, so I better get going. Can we hang out later?"

"Uh, maybe."

"Okay, I'll come around 4pm. Just tell me if you made up your mind. Bye sweetie."

I watched as he walked out the door and Jacob walking in.

"Hey beautiful." Hugging me.

"Hey."

"What you wanna do today?"

"Um, anything. It doesn't matter."