Chapter Two

Remi

I fell asleep from thinking and the exhausting ride from New York.  I was awakened by the knocking on my bedroom door. I opened my eyes and saw my Aunt Angela standing there. She smiled at me and made her way over to my bed. "Hey! I missed you pumpkin!" She hugged me so tight for a while and soon let me go. I smiled at her, because it was a while before I had seen her and I missed her long hugs. She had no kids, but a fiancee.

"I see your exhausted from the trip." She said to me.

"Well was, but I'm good now." I said sitting up more.

"Are you hungry?"

"Um, yeah."

I pulled the sheets off of me and and got out of bed. I followed my aunt down the stair and into the luxury kitchen. It was huge. Everything looked so neat and pretty.

"What time is it?" I asked taking a seat at the glass table.

"6:35, you weren't knocked out that long." She was making me a plate.  She placed it infront of me. Ham, Macaroni and cheese, collar greens. I smelled. I started eating. There was a knock on the door and the doorbell was wrong. I watched as the maid came out from the kitchen and straight into the living room for the door. I heard footsteps coming towards the kitchen. A caramel complexion boy came in. Tall, neat shape up, had style and I could smell his fragance.

"Hey Miss Angela!" He said

"Oh!" Turning around towards him,  "Hi Jacob." She hugged him and I moved my eyes from his presence. I hope he didn't catch me looking.  He was cute, but I'm probably not his type. I started eating as they was talking.

"Do you need help with anything?" he asked her.

"Um, yeah with the inside pool. The leaves flew in and got inside." She explained.

"Oh okay, no problem." He said stepping into the living, "I'll back tomorrow at 2:30 pm."

"Okay, bye Jacob."

He left and my aunt sat down with me. I was done eating and thinking of 'him'. He's caught my eye. Nah, I can't be falling for him. Snap out of it Remi! My thoughts were interrupted by my Aunt calling me.

"Remi? are you okay?"

"Uh, yeah." I said

"What you thinking about girl?" She asked me.

"Um, nothing."

"You sure? Is it about your mom?"

"No, I'm okay. Can I have a bottle of water?"

My throat was dry and then it hit me, I didn't call my mom to see how she's doing. I'll call her when I get to my room later tonight.

"Yeah girl, its your home too." She said smiling at me.

I went to the refrigerater and grabbed me a water from the bottom.

"Thanks Aunt Angela, for letting me stay."

"It's okay, honey. I love you and that's all that matters. Go get some rest." She placed my plate into the sink and I head back up the stairs to my room.  I opened my bedroom door and grabbed my phone from my pocket. I dial my moms number and waited patiently for her to pick up. The phone wrong twice and before I was gonna hang up, she answered. 

"Hey Sweetie!"

"Hey Momma, I'm truly missing you."

"I miss you too baby, I'm going be here for a while."

"I know. How's everything?"

"It's hard, but its good."

"Stay strong Momma, I love you."

"I love you too, baby girl."

"Goodnight Momma."

"Night baby. And thank your Auntie for me, you'll be safe there."

"Okay." I hung up and got out of bed.  I walked into the bathroom and took a shower and grabbed some pajamas for myself.  I pull my chargers up and plugged in my phone. I laid in bed starring at the ceiling. Thinking bout my dad and what he'll do when he finds me. Soon, I found myself drifting to sleep.