Chapter Nine

Remi

As I was waking up. I felt something cold on my head. My eye's fluttered opened. I saw Jacob sitting beside me on the bed. My mind began to remember what was happening. I wished it all was a dream, I'd one wake up from. My thoughts were interrupted from Jacob clearing his throat.

"Hey.. are you okay?"

"Yes, I'm fine." I replied, "is he still here?"

"No, I told him I was pool boy and no one was here." Jacob smiled.

"Thank you sooo much!" I hugged him, embracing the smell of his cologne.

I exhaled and smiled at him. I really did not want to see him.

"Oh yeah, your still gonna need this ice pack."

"Why?"

"You have a knot your forehead."

I quickly covered my forehead, this is embrassing. He chuckled at my reaction.

"It's okay. Here lay down."

I did as he said and placed the on my forehead.

"You want me to stay tonight?" he asked.

"If you want. You don't have too."

"I just might." A smile crept on his face.

"Thanks for being here for me Jacob, I appreciate."

"That's what I'm for." He laid beside me.

I looked over at the clock beside my nightstand. It was 7:46 pm. It was getting dark and I was wondering where my aunt was. I pulled my phone out of pocket and dial my aunt. Her phone ring twice and she finally picked up.

"Hello?"

"Hey Aunt Angela, what time will you be home?" I asked.

"I'll be home around 9. Are you okay?"

"Yes. Um can I go to this party tonight? Jacob will be coming with me. I'll be back home around 10:00, please!" I begged.

"Okay, okay. You can go. Jacob better be looking out for you." 

"Thanks Aunt Angela" I smiled looking over at Jacob. I hung up the phone.

"Jacob you still wanna go to the party?"

"Yeah. We got 20 minutes to leave." 

"Okay.... Jacob before I past out. You had something to tell me."

"Oh..yeah. Um," I watched as he took a deep breathe in. He looked into my eye's.  From outside I heard my Aunt's car pull into the driveway.  She honked the horn to let us know she was here. I looked back at Jacob.

"Hey Jacob, tell me later? Okay?" I told him.

"Okay." He answered. 

We left my bedroom and went downstairs.  My aunt was just walking in.

"Hey, can y'all help me with the groceries plase?" She said with two bags in her hands.

"Alright." Jacob headed to the door.

"Okay." Following by him.

Once we got outside, I grabbed a bag or two and headed in the house.

Later on that night at dinner my aunt asked me about my father. I nodded my head but didn't reply.  I didn't really want to talk about it and tell her how I reacted or what happened. 

"Can I be excused?"

"Yes."

I place my plate in the sink and headed upstairs. I swung up my door and throw myself into the comfy sheets that waited for me. My phone buzzed and ranged but I was too tired to look at it. I turned off my bedroom light and went to sleep.