Ep 1 Part 3 Becoming part 1

Third Person

The teacher was explaining some war to the class as everyone typed away at their computers, except for Jim. He was dreamily staring at y/n as she worked. Tobby tried getting his attention but quickly gave up with a sigh. " Really," he whispered to himself. " Close your mouth. Your drooling," he whispered to Jim. " No. No, I'm not." He said to him. Y/n looked back to see Jim staring. She blushed then smiled and waved at him. He bushed and nervously waved back, smiling stupidly.

Tobby started typing into his computer quickly. " What are you doing," Jim asked curiously. " Research." He responded plainly. " Hey, look up 'talking amulet'" y/n said, listening in on the conversation now, from the other side of Tobby. " I already did that. All I got were toys. One of them was a plushy." He said back. " Jim, wouldn't you agree." A deep voice asked from beside him, startling him out of staring at y/n again, who had gone back to work.

" Sir!?" He asked nervously. " With Herodidtary's decisions on war, as I described?" The teacher said, taking out a pen and absently popping the lid on and off. " Oh, ah, absolutely," he said cheerfully as Tobby started to whistle, looking away. " Excellent. Which tactic specifically?" The teacher asked. " The, ah,... winning ones?" he said nervously as everyone laughed.

The bell rang and the teacher started yelling out instructions as everyone left. "Jim, may I have a word?" He asked last. Jim nodded as his school bag fell off the desk. They both bent down to pick up the mess as the teacher said, " Jim, you're distracted. You fell asleep between the invasion of Attica and the peace of Nicias, and your attention wandered for the rest of class." " Sorry, I didn't get a lot of sleep last night." He apologized. " I know it's just you and your mother and you want to help her..." the teacher was saying. " She's just really tired, Mr Strickler. She's been working double shifts at the clinic." Jim interrupted. " I believe I'm overdue for a conversation with her. Have her call me please." Mr Strictlar said, handing Jim a slip of paper. " Uhh..." Jim started. " And feel free to come by my office if you ever need to talk." The teacher finished. " Ya, I.. I'll do that," Jim responded. " Oh, and Jim, if you fancy miss Nunez, I submit that talking to her about it would be much more effective than staring." Mr Strickler said with a smug look. Jim walked away, smiling with a blush.

-------- time skip -----------

In PE, Tobby was trying to climb the rope but not getting very far. " Almost there. So close." He was saying. " Come on, Tobs." y/n cheered. " You got this." Jim put in as y/n walked off towards her sister. "Soo close," he said as he fell. The coach came up behind them and said, " What is that on my rope? Every student here should be able to climb this rope and ring that bell. I want all of ya to be made of iron. Iron!" He yelled, poking Tobby in the stomach.

Jim looked over at the bleachers and saw y/n sitting with her sister and her friends. They were all laughing at Claire's phone. He went over to try and start a conversation. " Buenas Noches." " You speak Spanish?" Claire asked confused. " Since when?" y/n asked laughing. " Um. Um, uh." Jim tried talking but was distracted by how beautiful he thought y/n's laugh was as he stared at her. " Come on, guys." One of Claire's friends said, waking away.

" Do you like Shakespeare?" The twins asked together. " What?" Jim asked, looking between them. " Do you like Shakespeare?" Claire asked again as y/n giggled. " Shakespeare?" He asked, dreamily looking at y/n again with a blush. " The school play. We're having trouble getting boys to audition. " Claire explains as y/n looks at Jim, smiling expectantly. " o.. oh, Hasta Luego." He said as they left, y/n giving him a small wave and smile before catching up to her sister. He looked back to see the couch still criticizing the stuck Tobby.

----------- time skip ---------

Jim's POV

Me and Tobby sit on the benches in the locker room putting on our shoes, at least I am, Tobby is trying his best. I look over at him as he grunts trying to put his sock on. " So close!" he shouts as he continues trying, almost falling off the bench in the process. " So you talked to her?", Tobby asks as he continues to struggle. He falls off the bench with a grunt, laying upside down as he continues, " Like actually spoke to her? Not just, you know, in your head?"