Ep 1 Part 5 Becoming: part 1

1st Person pov

The trolls left the house a few hours ago, not caring much about me. I set Jim's head down and went to grab him a pillow. After He was settled down I went back upstairs and texted my mom to let her know Im staying at a friends.

After all of that was taken care of, I sat on the couch with a huff. I looked down and noticed the amulet still sitting where we left it. I reach over and pick it up to inspect it. 'so this is a magic troll amulet? Cool.' I think to myself as I trace the lines and run my hand over the different parts. After a while of doing that, I flip it over and look at the back. Out of nowhere, my head starts to hurt and I drop the amulet back onto the table. My eyes go dark and I pass out for a second.

I was having a vision. I haven't had one of those since I was younger, when I first became friends with Jim and Toby. A blue light burst behind my eyelids as it covers my vision. I look around and I see Jim in a glowing suit of armour. 'He looks kind of hot' I think to myself before shaking my head and focusing again. In front of Jim is a large black troll. He looks dangerous but I don't feel scared, I know Jim can handle it. The vision changes to me, Jim, Toby, and my sister Clarie all in cool-looking armour like Jim's. The vision changes once more to the amulet floating in front of me, the clock-like parts spinning quickly as I see the words 'You Are The Key' floating in front of me. In a puff of blue smoke, everything is gone just as fast as it came.

I wake up on the couch to see that it's morning, and the amulet sitting where I dropped it on the table. My head is hurting like crazy as I look around the living room. I hear a commotion from in the basement before remembering that Jim is still down there. I hop off the couch and head to the door, peeking down into the basement. I can hear Jim on the phone, most likely with toby.

After it gets quiet I head down there to see Jim standing in the middle of the room. When he sees me come down he rushes over and hugs me. I hug him back with a blush on my face as he speaks," Thank god you're ok. I thought those things might have taken you." I laugh as I look up at him, " Good to know you remember last night. Those things were trolls. They left not long after you passed out." I take his hand and lead him up the stairs and into the living room.

Jim still seems to be in a panic when I come back with a glass of water. "We have to go tell someone about this!" Jim jumps up and paces near the door. " Who would we tell? I don't think there are many people around here that would believe us." As soon as I finished talking Jim got an idea and dragged me out the door to our bikes. 'I guess we're telling someone then.'

--------------------------Time Skip-----------------------------

Jim and I rushed through the school and into a fancy-looking office. Jim had the great idea to go tell Mr Strickler about what we saw last night. I had a bad feeling about this idea, but I'm not going to stop him. "Ah, hello Jim, Y/N. What can I do for you?" Strikler questioned us from his desk as we stood in front of him nervously. " Um... do you have a minute?" Jim asked anxiously. "Are you two alright? You look peaked, Jim. Here, sit." Strickler seemed worried as to why we would be here as he offered us seats.

I looked over at Jim, letting him know that I wouldn't be the one talking. Jim took a deep breath and started the explanation "Okay. I don't really know how to say this, but last night, something incredible happened. Actually, unbelievable. Completely unbelievable. As in, you won't believe me, but I'm telling you it's true. I promise you it's true." "All right. Just calm down. I'll believe you." Strickler looked between to two of us with worry. "Uh, okay. Last night, two, um, things showed up at my house." Jim continued a little more calmly. "Things?" He asked "You know, things. Guys. But really weird. One had these eyes, and the other one was huge and hairy. And they said that they were tro-" Jim stopped short of the word. "Tro?" Strikler seemed even more confused now. "Tr...trainers! Trainers, who want to train me in... ch...uh... chess." Jim stands up and grabs a chess piece from the desk as I look on in confusion, while Strikler looks amused.

"And why would that have you so perturbed?" Strikler asks. "They really weirded me out," Jim answered sheepishly. As he moved the chess piece down we both noticed Steve kicking a soccer ball outside the window before swinging his finger back and forth in a 'tick-tock' motion. Jim looked down sadly at the chess piece in his hand as strickler continued," Now, I think I know what has you so distraught, Jim." " You do?" We both questioned at the same time.

"It's like I told you yesterday, you have a lot on your shoulders. Too much, in my opinion, for someone your age. And I think this opportunity.." Strikler continues. "Chess..." I ask sceptically. Mr Strickler takes the chess piece from Jim's hand gently, overlooks it, and sets it back on the board before knocking another piece down. "I think it's causing you anxiety. I know you want to be there for your mother, but it's a great poet once wrote, 'Do what's good for you, or you're not good for anybody'." The School bell rang and Jim and I stood up and got our bags. Jim turned back to Strikler for one last thing," Hey, thanks for the advice. I like talking to you." "Anytime." He answered.

As I was about to walk out the door Strikler called out to me, " One last thing Y/N, stay close to the young Atlas. He might need you more than you know. Take care, dear Soteria."

" Thank you for the advice sir, but who is Soteria?" I asked confused. He smiled at me as he walked me out the door, "She is the greek goddess of protection, and you remind me a lot of her." He winked before closing the door gently in front of me. I turned to catch up with Jim, still confused by the interaction.

------------------------Time Skip------------------------------

Author POV

Back at home, Jim slices his knife through the skin of the tomato, making perfect-sized slices. After smoothly sliding the pieces onto three sandwiches, he cleans the knife before nicely throwing it into its respectful holding place. After adding lettuce and cheese, he places the last slice of bread on each sandwich and finishes his cooking.

His eyes moved to his bag, which glowed as the amulet peeked from its hiding spot. Leaving his house with his bag, Jim stepped into the backyard, pulling the magical device out and studying it. Suddenly, the clock-like arms start to spiral as the rim turned blue, changing the symbols From Trollish, to Chinese, to Spanish, and finally to English. Jim looks closely at the words and starts to read quietly, "For the glory of Merlin, Daylight is mine to command."

As Jim finished reading the words, the food of a cat's dish began to float as the computer screen in a room of his house flicked off. The fences shook in the wind as leaves blew. His eyes grew as he brings it closer, a blue spark appearing from the amulet, surrounding him before hiding near his heart as more sparks follow into his chest. His body floats in the air while the blue wave of magic covered him. Armour appears and connected to his body before shrinking to his size. "This... is so freaking cool!" Jim exclaims in excitement.

The sparks from his amulet appeared once again, this time falling to his hand, creating a sword. The vast sword shrinks to his size as blue smoke pours from the metal. He has fun posing and swinging it around, his confidence grows until it wedges into a rock. With force, he tries to pull it out, and after failing for a while, he finally gets it free, only to get it stuck in another rock behind him. After a while of trying, he pulls it out and holds it up with a smile.

AT THE CANAL-------

A car pulls up near the edge of the canal. Strikler exits the vehicle and steps beside the pile of rocks. His hand reaches where the amulet used to lay, looking deep in thought as he waits. "It's been taken. You failed. You let it go. Your father will be displeased." Strikler speaks to a dark figure behind him.

Bular roars in anger, "Whoever holds the Amulet of Merlin, I shall destroy him, just as I have done with every single one of them."

Strikler stares blankly ahead, not looking at the troll as he speaks, his eyes glowing a golden yellow, "Worry not, you brute. I know where to find it. I believe the amulet has found its champion."

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I finally finished the first episode. That took a lot longer than it should have. Thank you for reading and please don't be scared to comment if you have any ideas for future chapters.

~ Pinky-chan