Chapter 19

Louis chose not to sit on the end of Harry's bed, but on the nest that sat next to his bed.

Harry looked down to him, shifting so he was facing him. "Why are you down there?"

"Wanted to see things from a Harry point of view."

"No you don't." Harry assured him, "trust me."

"I do. Even if you say I don't I just wanna know. Hey, I have an idea."

"Okay...?"

"I'm gonna read to you, yeah? Used to work when we were younger."

"I'm not a little kid anymore."

"Wow, facts with Harry. Who knew?"

"Shut up. It's just stupid."

"You have got to be the most stubborn person I know."

"That's coming from you." Harry retaliated.

Louis stood up again, walking over to Harry's bookcase. "What's your favourite book?"

Harry pressed his lips together, folding his arms across his chest.

"Okay then, I'll just have to read you Alice in Wonderland. Ah good there's a book mark. When did you last read this? You're only on chapter 4."

Harry refused to answer so Louis instead flopped onto Harry's bed next to him, lying on his front. "It was the white rabbit, trotting slowly back again, and looking anxiously about as it went, as if it had lost something; and she heard it muttering to itself, 'the Duchess! The Duchess! Oh my dear paws! Oh my fur and whiskers!'" Louis read out, putting on a voice as he read out the words of the White Rabbit.

He looked up with a grin as he saw Harry staring at him, fighting to keep the smile off his lips.

So Louis took that as a good sign and carried on, "'she'll get me executed, as sure as ferrets are ferrets! Where can I have dropped them, I wonder?' Alice guessed in a moment that it was looking for the fan and the pair of white kid gloves, and she very good-naturedly began hunting about for them." He looked up again, "you know what Harry, Alice reminds me of you."

"Hey." He pouted.

"No, that's a good thing. You're clever and polite and kind and gentle."

Harry shrunk into himself slightly, directing his gaze to the cup of tea. "I try to be."

"Well you're doing a good job."

"Thanks." He murmured.

Louis returned to the book, Harry listening quietly. He finished off his tea, putting the cup down as he sunk further under the covers.

He turned onto his side so he was facing away from Louis before letting his eyes flutter closed.

And Louis let a large smile spread across his face as he noticed Harry had soon fallen asleep. And not going to lie, he really couldn't be bothered to move too far, so he put his empty cup next to Harry's as he lay down in the little nest.

"Well this is actually quite comfortable." He said to himself, "night them Harry." He said although he knew he was already asleep.

Harry nuzzled into his pillow as Louis turned the light off, pulling one of the many blankets over himself.

//

"Oh my god-" Harry sat up instantly as he opened his eyes and was met by someone asleep on the floor. "Oh, fuck, it's only you..." He let out a sigh of relief as he realised who it was.

"What?" Louis groaned, letting out a yawn as he rubbed his eyes. "Oh, morning."

"What are you doing?"

"Waking up, it's the thing people tend to do after they sleep."

"Haha, hilarious." Harry pulled the duvet up to cover his nose and mouth. "You know what I mean."

"I don't actually."

"What are you doing here?"

"You let me stay."

"Fuck's sake." Harry let a small groan, "I mean what are you doing here? In my room."

"I was sleeping."

"I know that."

"I was tired and who can really be bothered to walk to another room when they're tired and there's a perfectly good bed right next to them. At least I didn't sleep in your bed."

"You scared me."

"I'm very sorry."

"You should be. I don't like it when I wake up and random people are in my room."

"Oh, so I'm random now?" Louis pouted.

"No, that's not what I meant. I just don't like it."

"You don't like one night stands? Personally I love them." Louis said, "I'm joking by the way. Can't say I've had too many."

"I did, I did have a phase where there were a lot of people, but no, I don't like them."

"And why did you decide to stop fucking everyone?"

"Not everyone." Harry frowned, "don't make me out to be some sort of player. And I just found other ways to cope with shit."

"Like?"

"It's too early for this. I just woke up."

"Alright, can I use your shower? And do you have a toothbrush?"

"Um there should be a new one in a packet in the cupboard. Actually, I'll get it." He pushed his duvet down, rolling out of bed.

//

"Right then. I should probably be getting home." Louis stood up, putting his cup in the dishwasher. "Thank you for letting me stay, I appreciate it very much."

"It's okay." Harry nodded, "thanks for um, for reading to me."

Louis smiled at him, "I'll give you these clothes back next time I see you if that's alright? Really can't be arsed with getting changed right now."

"That's fine, yeah."

"Sick, well I'll see you soon." Harry walked to the door, opening it for Louis.

"Bye." He offered a small smile, "see you soon."

Louis pulled Harry's hood over his head, enjoying the fact that the clothes literally absorbed him. They were incredibly comfortable and he was debating just keeping them anyway. Harry probably wouldn't notice anyway, so he might as well.