Chapter 29

"Hi Harry?" Zayn raised his eyebrows as Harry walked into his apartment.

"Hi." Harry replied, sitting down on Zayn's sofa.

"Um, what are you doing here? Not that I mind, I'm just a bit confused."

"I don't know." Harry shrugged. "I kinda just want to talk to someone but I don't know if I can now that I'm here."

"Well, do you want a drink or anything? We haven't really had a chance to catch up properly."

"I'll have water please." Harry sighed. "You know how you left the band for your mental health, do you think I can do that now?"

"Well, it depends what's going on, because you know what Simon's like."

"I don't really want to tell him. Or anyone at the moment. Louis knows one of the things but I'm not going to tell anyone else."

"He won't let you leave unless he knows what's going on I'm afraid mate."

"Screw that then."

"We're barely back as a band, are you sure you want to leave anyway?"

"I don't know." Harry sighed, "I did. But now I dunno. I just want it as an option."

"I get that mate, I do. Is there any way I can help? Like at all?"

"I don't know. I'm just so exhausted. But maybe it's better if I'm with you lot. Like, it's less pressure than being on my own in a way."

Zayn nodded, "I get that. It's a lot of pressure being in a band but when you're solo it's more dependent on you, not an equal share. Do you wanna play on the Wii or something mate?" He offered, noticing Harry looking uncomfortable.

"I um, I suppose." Harry shrugged, taking the control as Zayn handed it to him.

"Mario kart?"

"Yeah."

"You up for another week where we all go somewhere again soon?" Zayn asked as he chose his character, settling with Bowser.

Harry chose Princess Peach, making the car as pretty as possible after.

"Dunno. Maybe. If you're doing it I'll go but yeah."

"Okay, cool. I think we're going somewhere near the beach."

"Oh-" He mumbled, heart dropping. "Okay, that's good, yeah."

"Now I'm going to beat you." Zayn smiled.

"No you're not." Harry stuck his tongue out slightly as they started.

"I so am."

"Not." Harry repeated.

"We'll have to wait and see then." Zayn grinned.

"Wait, Zayn, how do you fire these things?"

"You are such an old man!" Zayn laughed.

"Hey, that's not fair." Harry pouted, "I just haven't had time to evolve."

"You're quite a lot of years behind mate. Anyway, just press that button," Zayn leaned across, pointing to it.

"Okay, thanks. Now I'm going to win."

//

A couple of hours later and Harry was feeling a lot happier. He had actually laughed a lot in these past few hours, despite not winning one game of Mario kart.

"Thank you."

"What for mate?"

"Just letting me hang out here. It feels good to have spent time out of the house with someone."

"Of course. You can come over anytime." Zayn smiled.

"Thank you." Harry smiled.

"I've been meaning to ask, what happened the other day?"

"Oh. Um, it was just my fucking ex. He came over and into my house without warning."

"Those bruises, did he-"

"Yeah, it's okay though. Police dealt with him."

"Police? Shit Harry. I didn't think it was that bad."

"He's awful. I don't wanna go into detail or talk about him though. I'm not gonna see him again. It's okay now."

"Of course, you don't have to talk about him."

Harry gave a small nod, looking down as his phone beeped.

"From Niall. He wants us all to go to his to hang out."

"Well, you up for it?" Zayn checked.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm up for it."

"Sick, well let's go then."

"Okay."

//

"Right, you're all here. So, when are we going?"

"Going where?"

"Lads holiday although not full holiday cause we have to write but like the last one." Niall explained.

"The beach place I mentioned earlier." Zayn told Harry.

"Oh." Harry nodded in understanding.

"How come you two came together?" Louis tilted his head.

Niall smirked, nudging Liam and Zayn, whispering a "jealous" which neither Louis or Harry heard.

"I was at Zayn's." Harry replied with a shrug.

"Right, back to the lads holiday. So, when and where are we going?"

"2 weeks time?" Liam suggested. "I was thinking we go to France?"

"France sounds sick!" Louis nodded. "I love France."

"So, France?"

They all nodded, "right, I'll sort it out and book it and stuff and I'll text you the details." Liam have them a thumbs up.

"Thanks dad!" Niall grinned, pressing a big sloppy kiss to Liam's cheek. Liam wrinkled his nose, pushing Niall away.

"Fuck off you big baby." Liam laughed.

"Rude. And unnecessary."

"So, we have another meeting tomorrow with Simon. God knows what about though- surely he's running out of things to say- and then we'll meet up after." Zayn told them. "Sound good?"

"Yeah, sounds good-ish. Other than we have to see Simon." Harry said, looking a bit disgusted.

This is really short because I didn't know what to write but I'll publish it with the next chapter.