Chapter 9

A/N: I did this one in 3rd POV, I wanted to try it and see how it goes😂

Velliarh waited for nightfall,to escape Aretuza. Earlier that she swiped a flower from this guy she didn't quite know who he was. The flower possessed the ability to activate a portal without leaving any magical trail.

"I'll leave it back as soon as I'm done" she says to herself,as she paces her room in worry what if it isn't there? What if the tale is just a tale? what if I get caught??!

She peered out the window and the moon was already nigh. She took a deep breath and bit the flower while thinking of  where she wanted to transport to, Loc Muinne. Within a second a rift tore through the room and she gazed upon the portal with worry.

But then she realised. What's the worse that could happen? She had already faced enough.

Velliarh walked through the portal and she thought her feet would touch the firm ground but instead she was flung into the Pontar.

"Oh come on!!!" She groaned, splashing around until she could gain some composure,cursing under her breath as she swam to shore.

As she arrived at shore,memories of that day all came rushing in. She then thought to herself about how her life as a sorceress will be, endless possibilities, free will, magic and something she always wanted, adventure something the crown restricts.

With that thought in mind she walked to where she was last seen alive.. the place she was burnt.

The stake remains as is no doubt many others came across the same fate as Velliarh on the very stake.

At her far left she spots a field with grey headstones scattered. Burial site.

'I hope they at least gave me a proper burial' she huffs walking to the cemetery.

After a bit she sees her name on a headstone,secluded from everyone else's as 'royalty'. She sighs. 'Where was their royal deeds when I was falsely accused?'

She grabs a shovel from a nearby shed.

'Get this over with' Velliarh encourages herself. "I can't use magic otherwise Tissaia will find me" she sighs yet again.

**

Bang

The shovel hit something sturdy. The coffin. Velliarh kneels down and dusts the box. She breaks the handles with the shovel and pries the lid off. Inside was..bones.

Bones? Who's? I don't have time for these questions.

She rummages through the coffin and sees a flash of something red and orange.

"No respect for the dead?" Velliarh hears an all to familiar voice.

"Ah f-"

"Did you honestly think it was easy to fool me?" Tissaia asks,walking to the grave, looking down at me.

Before she can notice I grab the rune and duck it away.

"Running away from the place that saved you?" She raises her eyebrows.

Velliarh climbs out of the grave and dusts herself. "No running away here,I needed a change of scenery thats all"

"By going to your grave?" She scoffs.

"I needed closure" Velliarh says sounding convincing.

"Everyone thinks you're dead but with Stregebor out there on the hunt for girls like you do you actually think its safe?"

"No, but-"

"You're coming back to Aretuza, and if you think of pulling this stunt again" she warns.

Velliarh nods in defeat. She already got what she wanted.

Tissaia locks the door behind Velliarh as soon as she walks in.

She pulls the rune out of her pocket and looks upon it.

There it is. Once transparent regular looking rune, now has fire moving around in it, moving in circles or hitting against the glass of the rune. Velliarh looked at it in shock..but what else could she expect? After all the her death was fire. And the rage within her at that very moment unlocked the rune's ability. The rage she still can say she feels up to this day. 

Edit: Thank you all for the 229 reads😭💚ily