Chapter 7

4 months later

I looked into Ziya's eyes as we sat opposite each other like everyone else.

We had to look into each other's minds to see that person's greatest fear.

(A/N: This is the same thing Yenn did when she was in Aretuza)

I see her fear clearly, its a particular monster, a leshen. This makes sense since she had a horrible encounter with one.

She shook her head in defeat. "I can't see what your fear is Velliarh"

"Its okay" I say.

Everyone stands up and heads out to their respective rooms. As I'm about to leave I hear Tissaia calling my name.

I turn back. "Yes?"

"You blocked her out didn't you?" She asks.

"Blocked who out from what?"

"Don't play coy with me, Vellairh. What are you hiding?" She asks, firmly.

"Nothing, she simply couldn't see what was in my mind" I say.

"You're starting to use your magic in other ways, using it to not only to benefit you but also strategically. Whatever you're using or doing to hide your fear is pointless" she says.

"I'm not hiding anything"

"What are you afraid of?"

"Nothing" I say before walking out. Whatever she's playing at isn't going to work.

Next day

3rd POV

"Is it true that Vellairh is alive?" Stregebor asks, Tissaia.

The other sorcerers and sorceresses mumble to themselves after they hear this.

"Yes" Tissaia says as she takes a seat in the circle.

"What? Necromancy is forbidden magic" a mage pipes up.

"I did not use any dark magic to bring her back" Tissaia says calmly.

"Then why did you? She committed such a horrid crime" Stregebor says.

"We all know she was framed, neither was it her fault nor did she deserve to die at that moment. She used her magic once and I didn't bring her here to Aretuza, so I did do my duty..4 months ago,by bringing a potential sorceress here" Tissaia explains.

"And then what happens if she goes through the trial? Will she willingly go into Nilfgaard's court? After what happened there. She'll reign havoc" a sorceress says.

"Someone born during the black sun can barely keep their temper together with a butter knife in hand and annoying person in the room and you go give this one a magical advantage?" Stregebor says wearily.

"I know what I'm doing" Tissaia says firmly.

"For all our sake. I hope you do"