S+D

Stiles was baking cookies.

Stiles was leaning against the counter sipping orange juice while waiting for the cookies to bake. He has a new neighbor and he wants to introduce himself and welcome whoever it may be to the neighborhood.

The house across them had been vacant for almost 6 months now. The last owner had decided to move out after getting a divorce. Stiles can’t really recall the name of the owner. He wasn’t that close to them.

Now, he has a new neighbor and this time he wants to know them so he thought of baking them cookies and welcoming them into town.

 Stiles was a bit excited to get to know the new neighbors. He still remembered the last time Mrs. Carter had moved in next to them. Mrs. Carter adored Stiles.

Reminiscing the memory, Stiles heard the oven came to a ding so he put down his mug and went to get the cookies out.

After putting the cookies in a Tupperware he opened the front door, the container on his left hand, and walked across the street where his new neighbor awaits.

Reaching the porch, he wiped his hands free from sweat into his jeans, and ringed the doorbell. Stiles waited anxiously as he heard footsteps coming from inside the house.

Stiles was looking at the floor when the door opened.

“Hi—“

Stiles cut off his own words when he saw the man standing in front of him.

“Derek?”

“Dylan?”

“Uhh. . . No?” Derek—the man said, furrowing his brows.

The man was wearing a white v-neck top with denim jeans and thick framed glasses. What’s shocking was he looked a lot like Derek. Derek Hale.

“Can I help you?” not-Derek asked. Stiles shook his head, clearing away his thoughts.

“Uhh. I baked you cookies . . .” Stiles said lamely thrusting the container in front of him.

“Thanks?” It was more like a question, really.

“I live across the street. Your neighbor. Welcome to the neighborhood. My name’s Stiles, the Sheriff’s son. Are you sure you’re not Derek?” Oh great, the rambling. Great Stiles.

“Uhh, my name’s Tyler,” The man said after a while. “Not Derek.”

“Great . . . That’s great,” Stiles chewed on his bottom lip. “Well uhh . . . Nice to meet you?”

“Was that a question?” Tyler chuckled.

“Nice to meet you,” Tyler handed out his hand. Stiles looked at it shyly, rubbing the back of his head.

“Nice to meet you,” Stiles shook Tyler’s hand. He looked at Tyler and gave him a smile. He was surprised to see Tyler smile back.

“So uhh. . . if you need anything else you can—uhh. . .  just ask me. Just knock on the door and I’ll be there,” Stiles said pointing at his house.

“I’ll take note of that,” Tyler said giving Stiles a warm smile as he saw him slowly walk backwards the stairs.

Stiles waved his goodbye, almost tripping, giving Tyler a big smile before turning back and walking back to his house.

Well that went well. Stiles thought to himself.

+++

“Dude, he looks like Derek Hale!” Stiles hissed to Scott “Only, he’s a lot nicer I think”