Chapter 15

.:. 'Kay guys, we're off the What's Hot list :S But I think we can get back on it!!  Okay, so, I you know how Thomas's and Lucy's life has been so very great and happy?  Well... read on and tell me what you think now! Oh, and don't eat me!! {you'll understand at the end of the chapter} And by the way, I did drop hints about this... just very tiny and they won't make sense until now oh and don't listen to the song quite yet, wait until the end of the chapter .:.

Chapter 15

        I opened my eyes and was welcomed to darkness.  I shivered a little and pulled the soft blanket around my shoulders.  Huh, where did the blanket come from?  Maybe Thomas put it on me or maybe his parents.  I stand up with the blanket around my shoulders like a cape.  I look around and see a lump on a lazy boy.  That would be Thomas.  I quietly walked across the cold wooden floor to where he was sprawled out under two thick blankets.  I smile to myself as I jumped into the air landing hard on his legs.  Thomas sits straight up banging his head against mine and wrapping his arms around my waist so I wouldn't fall of his legs.

        "What was that for?" Thomas whisper yells at me while rubbing his forehead.  I yawn and shrug my shoulders while rubbing my own forehead.  His brown hair was all disheveled and cute looking.

        "You just looked too cute that I had to wake you up," I say while giving him a puppy look.  "Do you forgive me?" I ask making him smile at me.  I look up through my eyelashes and blink a little.  Thomas sighs in defeat as he leans back against the chair. 

        "Sure," he says making me smile at him. 

        "Good," I say as I yawn and curl up against him.  He slips his arm around my waist and I smile a little.  I look up at him and stick my chin on his chest.  "So cute boyfriend of mine, why is it so cold?" I ask seriously.

        "Well beautiful girlfriend of mine, after you passed out on the couch the electricity went out and our backup generator has, sadly, broken."  I move my eyes upward and stare into his deep brown ones.

        "So, I'm beautiful?" I ask making him laugh.

        "Of course you are silly," he says while looking down at me seriously.  I smile up at him.

        "Even with messy bed hair and smeared makeup?" I ask laughing at him.

        "Yes even then," he says pulling me closer.  I snuggle into his chest and sigh. 

        "How long do you think the electricity will be out?" I ask and he shrugs. 

        "Well, according to my lovely brand new watch," he says while pulling up his sleeve, "It's been out for nine hours now," he says unsurprised.  I sit up straighter and grab his wrist squinting at the silver watch. 

        "Oh wow, I thought you were joking," I say making him laugh. 

        "Nope, as serious as a clown," he says making me frown at him.

        "But clowns aren't serious," I say confused.

        Laughing he says, "That's the point."  I make an 'Oh' sound making him laugh even more.  Suddenly, a light flash comes from to the side of us making me momentarily blinding me. 

        "Crap," a soft voice whispers as footsteps run away from us.  I jump off Thomas who stands up and starts to chase after his mom.  I shake my head at them and sit down in the lazy boy.  I wonder where mother is right now.  I bet she's with Joe or even at home.  I hear a scream and then laughter from the kitchen.  I stand up and walk through dining room and into the kitchen squinting in the darkness.  I stick my injured hand out and open the door.  I walk into the kitchen to see candles lit along with a few kerosene lamps.  Thomas is waving a camera above his short mother's hand.