Chapte 12

.:. I'M FINALLY UPLOADING!!!  Kay, question, should I make this a watty award contestant?  And If I should what should I put it under?  Anyways, sorry if this chapter is crap.  I'm kinda weird headed because I took too much icky orange day quil.  My advice?  Never get sick!  Well, read, comment, vote, all that jazz!  Oh and recommend!!  I won't put this on hold, but I would love if I got more reads *bats eyebrows at you* pweety pwetty pwease? :) 

Love,

Rachel! .:.

Chapter 12

        Jogging up the steps hand in hand, Thomas and I open up the front doors to the dance studio.  "So this is where the magic happens?" Thomas says while smiling crookedly at me.  I smack his arm playfully.

        "Be nice," I whisper as mother comes around the corner in tan slacks, a blue silk shirt and a sea-green scarf wrapped around her small neck.  Her brown hair is pushed into a perfect bun. 

        "Ah, there you are darling!" mother says as she comes and kisses both of my cheeks.  "It feels like we barely speak anymore!" she says and I put on a fake smile.  We don't because you're always busy with work!  Well, that's what I want to tell her but I just can't bring myself to say it.  "Oh and you brought Thomas, lovely!" mother says while kissing both of his cheeks.  He looks down at me with red lipstick smudged on his cheek.  I giggle a little before wiping it off.

        "Hey mom, I have some news myself," I say while I twiddle my thumbs.  Thomas pulls my hands away and holds them both in one of his hand.  I look up timidly at mother to see her smiling brilliantly at me.

        "Oh, and what is it?" she asks patiently. 

        "Thomas and I are, um, dating?" I say in a question form while looking at mother under my eyelashes.  The same joyful smile covers her face.

        "Well, it was eventually going to happen!" she says while tugging on my hand.  I grasp onto Thomas's hand as she yanks us down a dark hallway and into one of the practice rooms.  "Okay, for my news, I have someone special for you to meet!"  Oh, that's great, lovely!  I look back at Thomas's brown eyes warily.  He just gives me a small smile and I look back at my mom.  Flipping on the lights throughout the room, I notice a man in a chair.  I wonder who he is.

        "So," mother says while clapping her hands.  "This is technically two news I have to tell you. This is, Joe," mother says while standing behind him rubbing his shoulders.  I look him over quickly.  He's around mother's age with light blond hair and hazel eyes.  He's dressed in a nice suit and has a strong looking chin.  "We've been dating for the last month or so," mother says and I nod finally get it.  That's why you've been so willing for me to do things.

        "Hello," I say while smiling at him.  What, if mother's dating him makes her nicer then I should be nice to him.  "I'm Lucy," I say and he smiles while shaking my hand business like.

        "Nice to finally meet you Lucy," he says in a deep voice.  I look over him again.  Why does he look so familiar?

        "Likewise," I say while giving him my best smile.  I reach back and grab onto Thomas's hand giving it a squeeze.  "This is Thomas," I say and they both reach out at the same time.

        "Nice to meet you sir," Thomas says while shaking his hand.

        "Call me Joe, sir is for my father," Joe says while Thomas chuckles.  The ballet room gets quieter and quieter and falls into an awkward silence.  I look around the mirrored room not seeing anything interesting.