Chapter 14

.:. Okay guys heres another chapter for Sing me Anything...  Don't worry, after this chapter, it's going to get a lot more interesting!!!   The music video over to the right pretty much describes their relationship I think.:.

Chapter 14

        I clear my throat as we watch Wipeout on the flat screen in the cozy living room.  I'm currently sitting on a white love seat curled up against Thomas, smiling as someone fall flat on their face.  A small fire is burning to my right casting a lovely glow over Thomas's handsome face.  The hardwood floor reflects the flames magically.  This whole evening so far has been magical.  Thomas's parents are wonderful people who actually seem to enjoy talking to me.  His father is a doctor at a nearby hospital and his mother is a dentist.  With those two growing up, Thomas was always as healthy as he could be with his cancer.

        My smile drops a little as the thought of his cancer pops up in my mind.  The doctors can't seem to get rid of the pesky thing.  They're hoping that it'll move somewhere else so they may be able to treat it better.  Honestly, I want to smack those doctors and tell them to fix him now, but I don't think that would go over too well.

        "Hey, Thomas, I think I should be getting home," I say as I poke his side gently.  "It's getting pretty bad out there," I say while jerking my thumb towards the howling wind seeping through the tightly closed windows.  "It'd be better if I leave now.  It'll probably get worse later on."

        "I'm not sure if that's a good idea.  It's pretty nasty out there.  I wouldn't want you getting hurt," he says while tickling me softly.  I smack his hands away and smile up at his parents who are grinning up at us from the tan couch.

        "You're just saying that to keep me here," I accuse and his face goes innocent.  He is honestly good at holding in his emotions.  His soft looking face softens even more and he smiles this perfect smile that you can't help but think of an angel.  I hate it when he dazzles me!

        "I would never do that.  How can you think I would be able to step so low?" he asks in fake shock making me laugh.  He was a pretty good actor, I just know him too well.

        "Hardey-har-har, I would love to stick around to watch more of your wonderful acting skills, but I must get home," I say and kiss him on the cheek before unwrapping myself from beside him and standing up.  I go over to his dad and shake his hand.  "It was awfully nice of your two, to have me for dinner," I say as I shake Jackson's warm hand.

        "It wasn't a problem at all," Jackson says making me smile even bigger at them.  I go to shake Charlottes hand but instead I find myself in another bone crushing hug.  Her lilac perfume smothers me along with her bony arms.

        "Oh, it was so great to finally meet you Lucy!  You don't be a stranger now, okay?" she as she pulls back.  I nod my head and smile at both of them.

        "Thank you both again," I say as I look back over at Thomas.

        "I'll show you to the door," he says taking my hand and leading me away from the cozy living room.  "I see that my parents have a new favorite," he says as he kisses the tip of fingers.  I smile up at him softly.

        "I adore your parents.   They're just so kind and thoughtful!  I wish my," I shut my mouth quickly closing off my sentence.  I shouldn't wish that my mother was different but I just can't help myself.

        "They seem to like you a lot," he says as we turn a corner to the front door.

        "I hope they like me," I say as he turns me around looking me straight in the eye.  His brown eyes look deep within me making me shiver a little.