*Sequel*

The Sequel to 'The Career'. Join Velvet Watts as she battles new demons and becomes a relvousionary figure. Along the way she'll encounter ups and downs, identity crisis and the all important question. Is she really capable of love?

Excerpt: ( District 13)

I huffed in frustration. "Why is it, that wherever I go, you just happen to be there?!?"

He leant against the wall and stared up at the roof. He could've easily been on the cover of a magazine. Even the stupid ugly jumpsuit, he made it look exceptional. But he broke my heart, so he can go shove it up his ass. "I hated you. From the moment you won your games".

I stared up at him warily and bit my lip. "Because I killed Annie? I won't apologise for it.".

He lifted his head and his sea green eyes stared me down. "Is that so?"

I glared fiercely at him. "It is".

He nodded in anger. "I don't regret letting Katniss kill Gloss, don't regret not letting you save him".

I felt angry tears start to surface. Okay, if it's honestly you want Odair, then let's be honest. "I targeted Mags before the games. She was going to be my first kill and I've would've enjoyed it because you'd suffer even more.".

He chuckled sadistically. "Is that so?"

I felt myself smirk at seeing part of Finnick's causal persona crack. "It is".

He nodded in sick amusement. "I wanted you to know what it felt like to have your world ripped out from under you. I took pleasure in watching you cry after appointments".

Ohh, guess someone's messed up. But so am I darling. "Is that why you volunteered to save my life? Were you secretly planning to go behind everyone's back and kill me at the last second? Kinda suspicious isn't? A career volunteering to help the poor? You don't think anyone asked what's in it for Finnick Odair? You know, sometimes I think I analyse things too much. But maybe I didn't analyse you enough. You didn't catch feelings until after you agreed to help get me out alive. As a fellow career I think we all know what you were planning to do.".

He scoffed. "Is that so?"

We were close now. So close I could feel his minty breath on my lips. "It is".

He smirked and leaned in the tiniest bit more, so close I could almost feel his lips brush mine. "Maybe your all I have, all I want and all I need, my reason to keep breathing".

I tore my gaze from his lips to those dangerous sea green eyes. I gulped. "Is that so?"

So close. He's so close...too close. "It is".

A/N:

Really excited to announce a sequel to this book. I know allot of people have been asking for one and I figure, writing one more hunger games fanfic won't kill anyone ...excpet maybe Finnick. Guess you'll just have to read to find out ;)

Link:  https://www.wattpad.com/story/247410883-the-diamond-finnick-odair-oc 

Also I'm thinking about writing a prequel for this series. Basically Velvet's childhood and ending with winning the reaping. Going into details of family and friendships. Also might be fun to explore how reapings in District One works if 100 kids volunteer at the same time. Or maybe cut it just before the the prologue to see how she was mentored by Cashmere and became friends. I'd call it something like 'The Honour' or 'The Academy' maybe even 'The Reaping'. Idk title still needs work. But I don't know if you guys would be interested because there'd be no Finnick. I could make Sparks the love interest?...Idk, give a shout if you guys would read it. If not I'll just stick to writing 'The Diamond'. ☺️🤷🏼‍♀️☺️