12

(Age 23, The 75th Hunger Games- Quarter Quell )

A battle cry instanly fell from my lips when the realization hit me. It's her fault! Everything! Gloss, the rebellion, Snow going back on his word and Me trapped in an arena. All. Her. Fault.

And now she's finally going to pay for it. Screw everyone killing me the second I kill her!. I wanted Finnick to win anyways and let's be real, he's got this in the bag with or without my help.

I started swatting my machete at Finnick madly to get out of his iron grip. His constant lines of soothing words were whispered into my ear. All of which I ignored as I stared at Katniss like a mad dog. Johanna had an axe rasied in startled confliction. I knew she wouldn't kill me but she can't let me kill  Katniss either, it's part of their motive that I've yet to figure out. But I know at least that much.

Katniss had her bow aimed at me but quickly shot just off to the left, Brutus and Enobaria.  Gloss hadn't come alone. With a quick kiss to my temple and a grunt, I felt my head connect with the side of the Cornecopia. It was a strategic hit, rough enough to keep me down for ten minutes or so but too soft to inflict any real damage. The kind of wound that takes practice to inflict. I rolled my head slightly to see two figures spearing, Finnick and Brutus.

...It was Finnick who'd attempted to knock me out before Brutus could kill me, how lovely.  I watched half heartly as the two figures speared. In my confused state it looked like dancing. I heard more grunts around me, more figures moving in and out of sight. A loud ringing was all I could focus on though. I knew I should be panicked, that this is a shit situation to be stuck in. A second bloodbath almost and I'm down for the count, my machete just slightly out of reach.

I felt my fingers reach for it and gasped. I watched in wonder at my stretched out fingers, they seemed to push away the machete with air. My machete rolled away, as if it was alive. More confusion washed over me as I watched it move on its own accord. Was this a dream? Would I wake up soon grasping my sheets instead and calling out for Sparks? Odd, I've never found myself reaching for my machete in dreams, it must be a new one. Afterall I'm in an arena, friends with Finnick Odair, Powerless again...It's not real. This. Isn't. Real.

I looked around me in new found appreaciation. I got that feeling.  That odd feeling when you know you're dreaming. The feeling when you've made that realisation and you know you've only got two seconds before you wake up. 

The arena and the world kept spinning. Another indication that this is obviously a dream. A dream that might be scarier then my arena. An arena full of expirienced killers, A game of all games. One where Gloss dies and I might die too because unlike all the other dreams I don't know how this one ends...mainly because none of it is real.

It's not real so I can wake up!...Wake up... You're deaming, wake up...Velvet, Wake Up!

Why can't I wake up!?!

My eyes darted to the Victors around me clinging to rocks for dear life. Spinning in an upside down nightmare. I saw Finnick gripping Peeta, keeping him from near death. Johanna dug her axe aggressivly into a rock and gripped Katniss with her other arm. Her wild eyes connected with mine before she qucikly whipped her head to Finnick. With a scream she called out to him and they made eye contact, his sea green eyes looked to me and then Peeta. Debating who to save. With a nod to himself he let go of Peeta. 

My eyes drifted to the water, if this is a dream then Sparks is in there. And if Sparks in there I can attampt to reach out for him. Once my fingers brush his then I'll finally wake up. It's the only way I know how to wake, wake up screaming. 

As we all continued to spin, and as Finnick crawled closer to me, I closed my eyes and rolled my body into the water. The current was strong, just as strong as my games. Another body fell into the water beside me and I reached for it, thinking it was Sparks. It has to be him, I have to wake up!