14

(Age 23, The 75th Hunger Games- Quarter Quell )

We pretty much walked in silence most of the way. The rocks were a bit annoying to maneuver around but thankfully it was Katniss' turn to carry the wire. So my job of being her gaurd with no weapons was a bit easier.

Johanna huffed infront of us. "Come on. I want to put as much distance between me and this beach as possible. Frying is not how I want to go".

Crap. I heard a snap and looked up at Katniss in alarm. She stared out at the wire and muttered. "Theres something..."

I knew that once wire was tugged in the opposite direction of us that we had company. And I don't have weapons. Shit-fucking-shit-fuck!

The wire had been cut and on instinct Katniss went to load another arrow. A sudden surge of pain had me falling and hitting my head against a rock...Johanna. God damn it!

I knew it!. This plan was a dumb thing to follow along with, should've just accepted the axe in the head. At least I would've died with pride. I could literally feel every citizen of District One rolling their eyes at their screen while muttering things like...'idiot'... 'told you!'... 'what do you expect from outer districts'... 'probably failed out of the academy'...'I've seen children do better'...

I didn't have enough strength to open my eyes but I was panicking madly inside my head. I'm knocked out, someone is screaming next to me and the careers are here. Fan-bloody-tastic!

Another wave of pain raidated up my arm but I didn't even scream. Warm hands rested on my throat and I heard retreating footsteps. 

It was silent for a while and I heard a few voices but none that came closer to me. I could feel myself coming to and groggily opened my eyes to see Katniss running away. Leaving me alone, weaponless, on the ground and the careers are about. Gotta love ol'Everdeen.

Well, this just great. With a groan I managed to stand and fumbled my way back to what I hoped was the lightning tree. If Finnick hadn't of knocked me out earlier today then I'd probably be able to walk in a straight line. However, two concussions in the space of six hours is bad. Like, I think I vomited two trees back but don't really know kind of bad.

Shit, should I call out for Finnick? it'd be risky and it'd tell everyone where I am. Fuck. Oh god. I put my hand out infront of me and rested my head against a tree. The world was spinning again and this time I knew it was me and not the gamemakers. I've been hit bad. I think I got hit harder than Everdeen. Speaking of which, where did she run off to?

I tried to blink away the dizziness, it did nothing. The tree tops above me continued to twist and twirl together. Of god here we go, another wave of vomit poured out of me. I guess I can kiss whatever sponsors I had left goodbye. The Capitol is against anything deemed unpleasant and I'm guessing my little vomit show comes under that category. Hopefully I'm going in the exact opposite direction of Katniss though. I just need to find the lightni- BOOM. I jumped in freight. Finnick!

"Peeta!".

Katniss. If Finnick is still at the tree then he's in danger! Especially if little miss archer is there. I started madly stumbling towards what I hoped is the lightning tree. When I entered the clearing I stopped my drunken stumble. The tree is here but...It's empty. I felt my head tip in confusion and as I did so, my eyes connected with Katniss Everdeen's. 

She sat, crouched in the long grass with an arrow raised at my throat. I'm defenceless, an easy shot considering I can't tell the difference between left and right at the moment. A defenceless career. This is how it ends. I found my life flashing before my eyes. Little girls giggling over new knives, my mother harshly gripping my shoulders, my brothers spearing eachother with smiling faces and Finnick's smirk.