Sunburn

She burns like the sun, and I can’t look away

And she’ll burn our horizons, make no mistake

Come let the truth be shared

No one ever dared to break these endless lies

Secretly she cries

Muse – Sunburn

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Geviana walked out of Ridgel Towers relatively unscathed the rest of the day. After carefully avoiding Christopher’s penetrating gray eyes and ignoring Alex’s leers, she decided to call it a day.

Christopher, on the other hand, still had a full day of work ahead of him, made no easier by the appearance of a certain dark haired beauty who had turned his life upside down. A quick knock on the door broke him out of his trance, and Alex opened the door a crack before fully stepping into the room uninvited.

“Aren’t you glad that we decided to hire a decorator after all?” Alex asked eagerly, making himself comfortable in Christopher’s seats. “Go ahead, tell me I’m the man, Chris. Who would have expected that the interior decorator would be so sexy?” Alex was still thinking of Geviana when Christopher gave him a dark glare.

“You’d better leave her alone, Alex. She doesn’t need your advances to distract her from her job,” Christopher told his young associate firmly. Whether it was out of jealously or professionalism, he was going to be sure Alex steered clear of Geviana.

“Damn. You and Nell always ruin all my fun. Nell told me the exact same after Geviana left.” Alex pouted, his immaturity coming through. A sudden smirk appeared on his lips.

“So what did you want to talk to her alone for, eh? I see, you just want her for yourself, don’t you?” Alex teased.

Bristling, Christopher scoffed,” Yeah, right. She’s not my type.”

“Sexy, smart, and powerful isn’t your type? Hell, you’re right. Who would want her?” Alex’s sarcasm only heightened Christopher’s irritation. Hell, he was already perfectly aware that she was incredibly sexy and smart, but so what?

“She’s going to be a distraction,” Christopher muttered darkly, and that was no lie. From the moment she had stepped into the office, she had the entire place falling at her feet. Alex was already planning out ways to seduce her in between breaks, and Christopher couldn’t stop thinking about how soft and vulnerable she was when she was in his arms. Fuck. If he wasn’t thinking about how passionate she was in bed, then he was pitying her, or thinking about how vulnerable and in need of protection she was. Then the whole issue with Kyle…

That was another story in and of itself.

 ***********************************************************************************************************

Geviana was walking through the lobby of Ridgel Finances, a pencil perched adorably behind her ear and into her lush raven dark hair. Another pencil was currently in her mouth as he hands were full, at the moment, with blueprints of the building. The lobby had to change. Geviana had been unable to sleep the entire night before; she was so annoyed with how the lobby looked.

When she had arrived early that morning with a strong cup of brew in one hand, she had gone instantly up to the top floor to set up arrangements for the lobby. Christopher and Alex were in some sort of meeting, and Nell and Lila had promptly assured Geviana that when they were out, they would tell the men to go see her.