18. LETTER

| CHAPTER EIGHTEEN |

LETTER.

OPHELIA KEPT HER PROMISE TO James. She didn't open the gift from him until midnight on Christmas Day. To say that her heart didn't skip a beat and butterflies didn't swarm her stomach would've been the biggest lie of the century. Inside, the velvet box was a small ring (luckily not an engagement one as the blonde feared), it was a simple silver band with a dainty sunflower in the middle of it and it fit like a glove. 

Her eyes sparkled as she looked down at her hand, only being able to see it due to the full moon peeking in through her window. The ring sat there, glistening in the moonlight, it was utterly gorgeous and a genuine smile appeared on the blonde's face, one that managed to reach her eyes. She just hoped that James would have the same reaction when he opened her gift.

With the smile still tattooed across her face, Ophelia reached over to her bedside table. Digging into the drawer, she pulled out some spare parchment, an envelope, her quill and some ink. Turning on her lamp, the blonde unscrewed the lid of her ink before dipping her quill in and watching as her hand moved freely, leaving a sweet message on the parchment.

As soon as she was finished and satisfied with the letter, she waited several moments for it to dry before folding it and placing it into the envelope. One which she wrote 'James Potter' onto with his address signed underneath (she knew it thanks to all the letters he had sent her over the years – signing them with his address in case she wanted to reply; something she had never done before).

Walking over to her owl's cage, Ophelia opened the door for the majestic bird, handing him a small treat before placing the envelope into his beak and sending him off. With a grin still clearly present on her lips, Ophelia finally laid back down onto her bed, snuggling up to the duvet, she kept her eyes on the full moon, letting it lull her to sleep just before three in the morning.