14. GETAWAY DRIVER

| CHAPTER FOURTEEN |

GETAWAY DRIVER.

DUE TO THE GRYFFINDOR QUIDDITCH team winning against Slytherin, the Marauders had once again organised a party in the common room. By the time Ophelia, Lily, Alice, Mary and Marlene came down, it was already in full swing. People from all houses (even a couple of Slytherins) were dancing and singing loudly, bottles of Butterbeer in their hands. There was a large table in the corner, filled to the brim with party food and drinks (both alcoholic and non-alcoholic ones) which the blonde assumed James had sneaked from the kitchens.

Alice was the first to break away from the group, with a wide grin on her face, the brunette rushed towards Frank Longbottom; who, as soon as he spotted her, beamed brightly at her and met her right in the middle before the pair walked off into a quieter corner of the common room.

Marlene was the next one that dispersed from the group, with a flirtatious smirk on her face, she rushed towards Sirius Black - who had been talking to a small group of girls from Ravenclaw but stopped as soon as he noticed the blonde walking closer.

Mary sneaked off to meet with Gilderoy Lockhart, who had been looking into a handheld mirror before the brunette found him. It left Lily and Ophelia standing around, looking out at the sea of dancing students. The blonde was quick to notice Lily's attention was elsewhere, her eyes practically superglued to Remus Lupin as he sat on the burgundy couch, practically pressed up to the arm rest of it as a couple sat besides him, making out. 

"Go," Ophelia whispered, nudging her best friend with her elbow.

Lily finally tore her eyes from the scarred boy, "What if Potter comes by? You'll need a getaway driver," She joked, nudging her back.

Ophelia let out a small chuckle, "I think I'll be okay," She promised, noticing the said boy in the corner of her eyes.

His eyes were on her from the moment she stepped into the room because, as cheesy as it sounded, she lit up any room that she entered and it was practically impossible for James not to spot the blonde bombshell whenever she was around. He watched as each girl walked off, leaving Ophelia and Lily standing there alone. James spotted the pair talking to one another but couldn't make out what they said before the redhead suddenly walked away after Ophelia sent her a teasing wink. 

James pushed up his circular glasses further up his nose (his vision had been getting worse and worse recently, meaning he had to start wearing his spectacles more often), before he grabbed two unopened bottles of Butterbeer and finally made his way towards the blonde. 

"You looked lonely," James practically had to shout over the loud music.

Ophelia turned to face him, smiling warmly as he handed her one of the Butterbeers, "Thanks," She said as she wrapped her fingers around the bottle, ignoring the strange tingle in her fingers when they brushed over James', "Are you my knight in shining armour then?" The blonde teased.

James grinned, "Of course I am. I promised, didn't I?" He pointed out, referring to the conversation they had during the first meal back. 

Ophelia nodded, the memory flashing through her mind, "I suppose you did."

James couldn't help but stare at the blonde as she took a sip of her drink, her eyes looking around the common room every so often before they would turn back to him, causing his heart to skip a beat every single time. The effect Ophelia Avery had on him seemed to be getting stronger and stronger and James Potter certainly didn't mind.

"Do-Do you want to go somewhere quieter?" He suddenly suggested, a hopeful gleam in his eyes.

Ophelia looked back at him with a surprised expression on her face before she quickly composed herself and nodded, "Yeah, okay."