3. AMAZING

| CHAPTER THREE |

AMAZING.

"SO, HOW WAS THE FIRST day of Prefect duties with Potter?" Lily asked when Ophelia finally entered the girl's dorm that night. The redhead got her answer when the blonde threw herself onto her bed, groaning in annoyance as she did so.

"That bad, huh?" Alice asked, looking up from her book. 

"He's so annoying," Ophelia told them, rubbing her face with her hands, "Why is he so annoying?"

"Why is she so beautiful?" James Potter asked, his voice dreamy as he fell back into his bed, his eyes staring up at the ceiling above him. The smile that had appeared on his face since the start of his and Ophelia's Prefect duties still hadn't worn off.

"So, how was it?" Sirius asked, nudging James' leg before he sat down at the foot of his bed.

"It was amazing," James answered, his head lifting up slightly to look at his three best friends, his grin never faltering, "She's amazing."

"Did you make a move?" Sirius questioned, an excited tone to his voice.

"I threw my arm around her shoulder as we patrolled the corridors."

Sirius cheered loudly, "Yeah! That's my boy!"

"She pushed it off though," James added, frowning ever so slightly.

"After how long though?" The black haired boy inquired, looking incredibly interested.

Remus rolled his eyes as he walked over to the pair, "Padfoot, leave it. He's got all year for something to happen. Maybe it'll happen right at the end, yeah Prongs?"

James shrugged, "I was hoping that it would happen sooner," He confessed, his eyes were looking back up at the ceiling meaning he didn't notice the look Sirius sent Remus.

"Or next year?" Peter suddenly piped up, jumping out of his bed to walk over to the trio, "Yeah?"

"No!" Sirius exclaimed causing all three boys to stare at him wide eyed. He spotted the puzzled expression on James' face, "I just want you to be happy," The black haired boy stated, scratching the back of his neck. Of course he wanted his best friend to be happy. He wanted all of his best friends to be, and if their happiness meant he got paid then he was even more adamant about it. 

"I'm going to make it happen this year," James said, sitting up with a determined look on his face, "I mean, how hard can it be?"

"Well, you have been trying for like five years," Peter commented earning a glare from James, "What?" The shorter boy threw his hands up, "It's true!"

"It doesn't matter how long he's been trying, Wormtail," Sirius explained, "It's about the fact that she didn't punch him in the face like she did in our third year."

Back in their third year, after a particularly challenging Quidditch against Slytherin, Ophelia managed to catch the Snitch ending and winning them the long game. As the team celebrated, James got a bit too excited and tried to place a kiss on the blonde's cheek when she suddenly swung her fist right into his nose and because Damon Avery had previously taught his sister to be a Beater, she had an almost inhumane strength, meaning James' nose broke. Madam Pomfrey managed to fix it in no time, however, there was the faintest scar right on the bridge of James' nose from the event, a scar he seemed to treasure.

"Yeah," James said, dreamily, "She's amazing isn't she."

The trio of boys shared an eye roll, walking away from James' bed and leaving the lovestruck boy sitting there, his eyes boring into the wall opposite his bed.