Preface

Before I begin this story, I’d just like to say that I put a lot of thought and planning into it to make it possible. But what really gave me this strong wave of inspiration was a from a YouTuber’s (whom this fic is dedicated to) video that I came across one day when looking for Leonard McCoy AMVs. (What can I say, he’s my favorite character.)
    Anyway, the video that inspired me for this fic is a Leonard McCoy/Jocelyn Treadway AMV by YouTuber bellasan14. Below is the link to her video, and believe me, it’s amazing. Sure it’s not as high quality as most would expect most videos to be, but it's worth the watch. (And I know for sure that she has spent a lot of work and time making this video.) 

https://youtu.be/7jhSnS6d8sE

    The clips used in the video above are from the movie The Irrefutable Truth About Demons (2000), starring Karl Urban as the main protagonist. The film originally came out in New Zealand, written and directed by Glenn Standring. 
    The film follows Harry Ballard, an anthropology professor, as he is faced with dangers unimaginable to him. He receives a videotape showing a cult called the Black Lodge, led by a man named Le Valliant. Harry had a brother named Richard who was said to have killed himself under strange circumstances, and who was possibly related to this cult. He later meets a young woman named Benny as she tries to help Harry in escaping from the clutches of Le Valliant (Wikipedia.com).
    Now, I won’t spoil anything else about the plot in order to build suspense, but you will soon later find out early in the story about the rest of the blanks. Though I do recommend you watch the movie if you really want to completely understand the full story. 
    What else is there that you should know about this story, you ask? Well, the summary explains some of what the plot is about, but not so much detail, as I can be terrible at summaries at times. 
    I will not spoil much more of anything (all you get is the summary, I’m sorry), but, I will tell you that what you will soon read contains ships and trigger warnings.
    The main ship this story will mainly focus on (as Leonard McCoy  is the main character) is McKirk, a pairing between Leonard “Bones” McCoy and James T. Kirk. Some side relationships that will be mentioned (or rather just appear in the story) is Ben Sulu/Hikaru Sulu/Pavel Chekov (because I ship Chulu, but I also do not want to leave out Ben); some Spock/Nyota Uhura, but it's implied (they had just broken up because “If an Earth girl says, ‘It’s me, not you,’ it’s definitely you”; and (a ship that I am most likely the only person to come up with this (unless you have watched TTAD and have thought about it)) Berry, the ship between Benny and Harry Ballard. Berry is a ship that will only be mentioned, but probably still shown in the story. But who knows what I’m gonna write… Well, maybe except for myself alone, but still. I might not even know myself as I do sometimes tend to write something without thinking about it.
    As for the trigger warnings that will be popping up every now and then (frequently), I ask you to be careful, because sometimes I can get out of hand with the angsty stuff. I am the kind of person who loves angst, and I try to make myself cry, so be aware and cautious when I write a story with these types of trigger warnings. There will be strings of profanity throughout the fic; nightmares will pop up here and there, and I might make those very angsty, sorry; there will be small mentions of alcohol at the beginning and probably somewhere later, but it’s just a brief mention of it; and there will explicit descriptions of blood and gore. Once again, I’ll try not to go overboard.
    This fic is inspired by and dedicated to bellasan14. I am glad to have come across your video, and I am not gonna stop re-watching it over and over again. I am that attached to it.
    I hope you all enjoy the read and if you have any feedback you’d like to give me on my writing, please, feel free to do so. And point out any grammar mistakes if there are any that you see. (And the prologue is shitty, just a heads up. I was feeling a little lazy about it because of how late it was getting. And after trying to make it better I just gave up, so sorry about that.) Thank you, and enjoy!