Chapter 22

A Haunted Horseshoe

I came to visit my grandparents in the countryside for this summer holidays. My parents are visiting their friends in London so I came alone.

My grandparents have a farm with lots of animals so it's fun here. There is a little lake here too. My grandparents were very happy to see me.

I settled in and rested the whole day. The next day, I decided to go look around the farm. I looked at the cows and sheeps for some time. But they weren't that interesting. So I went to look at the horses.

As I was playing with the horses, I saw a horseshoe on one side. I picked it up. It looks old. I will take it as a souvenir.

Later at dinner, I asked my grandpa about it. "Why did you pick it up? Go and put it back." He said.

"Why?" I asked.

"It's a haunted horseshoe. Wherever it goes bad luck follows it. That's why, we never moved it from it's original place." Grandma explained.

I don't believe in this stuff. So I decided to just keep it with myself. It's been two days since I have that. And I have to say that I am starting to believe it.

Teribble things have been happening to me. I decided to go put it back. At night as I was going to sleep I noticed something on my bedside. It's the horseshoe but I put it back. It went like this for a couple of days.

Everytime I put it back it comes back to me. After a month, I left for home. I guess I am left alone by it now. But when I reached home it was on my bedside waiting for me.