Chapter 5

Warnings: Mentions of violence, language. 

It was Friday evening and Tom was fixing the sleeves of his white buttoned up silk shirt, when he was interrupted with a knock. "Come in." He ordered. It was his best friend, Harrison who seemed rather nervous, he wanted to protect his friend from not only the government but also from getting heartbroken. Harry was too scared of his older brother. 

"Hey can I talk to you?" he asked timidly.

"Quickly, I've to get to the gala in some time."

"Okay, umm, that girl you asked out from the cafe?"

"Y/n?" he asked as he smirked, thinking of you. 

"Yeah, her, I did a bit of digging up on her and she's bad news." 

"Yeah you're just saying that because I'm able to get a date and you're not." Tom smirked as he crossed his arms across his chest.

"No, its not that!" he huffed, "Tom you have to listen to me!" he begged. 

"I don't have time to listen to your nonsense, I have somewhere to be," he informed as he left his room, "I'll see you later." 

--

At the same time you were taking a shower, getting ready for the mission. No matter how much you tried to focus and get in the mind space, you just couldn't. Your mind always trailing back to a certain brown haired boy with the softest smile that made your heart melt. Getting out you saw the red satin dress that was sent for you with black heels and since it was a masquerade ball, you were also sent a white eye mask, which was bejeweled. 'Who hosts masquerade balls in this generation?' You thought, but it was your job so you kind of didn't have much of a choice. 

Once you were all dressed, you headed out in the car which was sent by M to take you to the party. On arriving you were met with a familiar scent of cigars and alcohol, and made your way straight to the bar. 

"One vodka martini, shaken not stirred." You asked the bar tender, taking a seat on one of the stools. 

Over at HQ, M, Moneypenny and Q were monitoring you. "Ok 007, he's here," Q said through the comm, "4 o'clock." Subtly you turned around to see target, and something in you felt a familiarity in his demeanor.

  --

"Ugh! The food here looks horrendous!" Sam, exclaimed in disgust. 

"We're not here to judge the food Sam!" The mobster snapped at his brother, "We're just here to make the deal, see if that so called agent showed up and get out of here." He ordered. 30 minutes went by and you still haven't engaged with your target, but suddenly while you were sipping on your drink, you we're interrupted by none other than your target himself. "What's a beautiful lady like you doing here all alone?" he asked, as he motioned the bartender to get him a drink. 

"That's him 007." Q informed through the earpiece.

"Well I'm not alone anymore, am I?" You replied. 

"Care to dance m'lady?" He asked, chugging the drink that was kept in front of him, and extending his hand out for you. Giving a small smile you placed your hand in his soft ones and made your way to the dance floor. The band was playing a slow salsa song, which of course you were trained in. Standing in the center of the ballroom, he placed his hand on your lower back as yours was placed delicately on his broad shoulders. Swaying to the music you looked into his eyes, at first you thought you were hallucinating as Tom had you wrapped around his finger. The beat picked up, and you found yourself moving along with it as he twirled you out and in a swift motion pulled you into him. 

Then something caught your eye, a red dot on his chest; turning around you quickly spot a marksmen in the opposite building. He must have been sent by someone to take him, but you couldn't let that happen because it was your job to bring him alive. Using the presence of your mind you take out the gun which was hidden under your dress in your trusty thigh holster, turn around so that his back was facing the window and due to your perfect aim you were able to shoot the marksmen right on his thumb. 

The gun shots startled everyone, making them scream and scramble. Looking around you try to take cover behind one of the tables you two were closer too, his arm still wrapped around your waist. Peaking over to see if the marksmen was still there when he shot the table you were behind of, but managed to missed. 'Amateur.' You thought to yourself as you smirked. 

While you were trying to save your life the mobster saw the opportunity and ran away. You were so disappointed with yourself, how could you let that happen?

--

When the two brothers came back home, they were extremely exhausted and just wanted to forget what had happened in the last couple of hours. 

"Night." Sam greeted his brother, only earning a simple nod in response. Going in the kitchen he found his best friend wincing in pain. "Haz what's wro-" before he could complete his sentence his eyes landed on his bandaged thumb, which still had a few spots of blood. 

"What the fuck happened to your hand?" 

"Uh.." Harrison stuttered, "I cut finger, cutting an apple." He shrugged. 

"Are you sure you're okay? It looks pretty bad." 

"I'm fine!" He exclaimed, "How are you back so early?"

"There was a shootout, I think someone's out to get me." He mentioned casually, opening the fridge to take a bottle of water. 

"Like the government?"

"I don't know 'm just lucky I'm alive, we'll talk about this tomorrow, night Harrison."

"Night." He winced. Harrison was just glad he didn't loose his thumb and he'd have to keep his distance until he has solid proof against you.