Chapter 9

In all the mess of finding each others real identities, you and Tom used to have secret dates in a hidden garden behind the mansion. Anytime if either of you would be stressed from work, you would just text each other and meet up there; sometimes just walk on the moonlight path or just admire the blossoming flowers under the sun.

Tom had a really soft spot for that garden because he had built it for his mother, who was fond of flowers, hoping that one day when they would be on speaking terms again he'd bring her there. Right now you and Tom were having a little picnic in the garden, just laying on the cool grass, holding hands as the summer breeze hit you bodies.

"Let's run away." The brunet blurted out of nowhere.

"W-what?"

"Let's run away from here," he propped himself on his elbow and faced you, "we can go somewhere else and have a fresh start. Just the two of us."

"Tom, I-I don't know what say."

"How about yes?"

"You know I can't."

"Why? Don't you love me?"

"I do," you say cupping his cheeks.

"I'll take care of you! It may not be a perfect life, but it will be with you!"

"I can't Tom." You tell him as you get up from your place. "Y/n wait!" Tom called out,"I know this is all of a sudden, but I know this is what you want too, I can't live without you."

"I can't live without you too," you say wiping away some stray tears,"Okay, lets do it." you sniffled.

"Really?" He asked as his eyes glistened with joy and hope, and pulling you in for a passionate kiss. "I love you so much."

"I love you too." Your foreheads rested against each other and gazing into your eyes with complete love and adoration for the other.

--

"Did you ask her? What did she say?" Harrison bombarded his friend with questions as soon as he entered the house.

"She said yes." He said sadly. To be honest, that is exactly what Tom wanted, he wanted to put an end to the feud with the government and just have a normal life with you. His thoughts were interrupted by the cheering of Harrison and his brothers, they had no idea how much Tom was actually hurting. He didn't want to do this to you and he knew this wasn't something you wanted either. The mobster only wished if he could turn his lie into truth, he may have been told to lie but every single promise that he just made he was willing to fulfill.

--

"Whatever we have to do we have to do it tonight." You huffed, barging into M's office.

"Calm down," she advised, handing you a glass of water, "now tell me what happened."

"I had put a chip on Tom's coat, and after I left they talked about setting me up and how tonight they're gonna take us down, infiltrate the government, we have to do something."

"Alright, gear up 007, this could be one of our biggest busts." M ordered.

--

Pushing the huge doors of the mansion you enter with a small duffel bag, "Tom?" You called out, almost instantly he jogged down the stairs to meet you but you noticed the formal attire he was wearing. Of course it wasn't odd for you, you knew about his plan but you had to show that you didn't know anything.

"Hello darling." He greeted with a smug smile.