Chapter 8

Your visits to the mansion became more and more frequent than expected and practically every second day you and Tom, spent "getting to know each other." Soon enough you realized that it made you deter from your mission.

It was just another regular morning when you woke up next to Tom, admiring his freckles and the little adorable snores that left his mouth, but no, you didn't give in, you had to focus on your mission. Getting out of the bed you picked up one of Tom's shirts which was discarded on the floor last night and carefully made your way out of the room, to find out what he's behind and take him down.

Walking down the empty hallways you admired the various paintings and artifacts just lying around, when a certain door caught your eye. There was something about that glossed wooden door that pulled you towards it; the room looked more posh than the hallways which was a given since he had a "company" of his own. Rushing towards the desk drawers you quickly began to search for something, some file, that could be potential evidence against them. You were so engrossed in searching for it you didn't notice someone standing near the doorway.

He caught your attention by clearing his throat, getting up quickly from your squatting position you meet the blue eyes of the man standing, hands across his chest, "Looking for something?" Harrison asked sternly.

"I see your thumb's all better," You retort back avoiding the question. He scoffed, looking at the injury you gave him. "you're pretty bad for a marksmen though, you missed your best friend."

"I wasn't aiming for him, and I know you're trying to avoid the question."

"Maybe," you shrugged, "what are you going to do about it? Tell him? He won't believe you, I have him wrapped around my finger, and you can't do anything about it."

"You think you're so smart-"

"I know I am." You cut him off.

"But just you wait," he laughed, "soon enough he'll realize how you're playing him and we'll take you and the government down." He threatened.

"Ooo I'm scared." You say blankly. Harrison knows what he's doing and he knows that you've gone soft for his best friend, he just needed some more time to execute his plan.

--

Tom spending more time with you resulted in loosing is focus and responsibility to the mob, It was yet another afternoon when he came back after a date with you.

"Where the hell have you been?" Harry yelled at his older brother who just entered, "I've been calling you for hours!"

"Okay calm down dad," Tom smirked, "What's wrong? You seem tense."

"Come on." He said leading him into his office where Harrison and Sam were already seated.

"It's about fucking time you showed up!" Sam barked.

"Ok what is up with you people why are y'all mad at me?" Tom asked as he took his seat in front of them.

"Here," Harry said as he shoved a file in his hands. Opening the file, the first thing he saw was your beautiful face and then read the paper attached with it, Y/n L/n aka Jane Bond aka 007 . His eyes went wide and then he looked at the three boys sitting in front of him, and then he turned to Harrison who was giving him a 'I told you so' look.

"Well what do we do?" Harry interjected.

"I have a plan," Harrison said getting everyone's attention,"but lover boy here must agree." He said as he stared at Tom's panic stricken face.

--

"So what do you think?" Harrison asked everyone in the room as he elaborated his plan.

"Honestly, I think its great! Tom?" Harry quipped. Tom was sitting back in his chair still thinking if it was the right decision.

"So lemme get this straight," he began as he sat up straight,"you want me to get closer to her, make her fall in love with me and then take her and the government down before they take us down?"

"Precisely!"

"Looks like that's what we're gonna do." He sighed, but deep down he didn't want to show the boys that he's already in love with you and is scared of hurting you; he still wanted to prove he was tough and doesn't go soft for the most beautiful girl he's ever seen.

--

"So 007, what do we know so far?" M asked.

"Well we know that on the night of the gala, Harrison wasn't there to take Tom down but he's coming for me."

'What is he playing at?' M thought to herself, "007, we need new information and we need them fast!" M ordered. You, Moneypenny and Q exit M's office, when Moneypenny pulls you aside to talk to you,"Y/n, I need to ask you something, but you have to answer truthfully," You nodded, "are you falling for him?" You didn't say anything, instead you hung your head.

"Is that why you've been so distracted? This is not professional 007, you could be in trouble."

"I know that, but its just that," you sighed,"I can't get him out of my head, and yeah its unprofessional, but he's different."

"Yes, because he's England's biggest mobster!"

"His job doesn't define him, he's really nice." You admit. It was true what Moneypenny asked, but you weren't just falling for him, you were head over heals for him now and was he. The two of you thought the other was faking it so neither of you wanted to admit how you really felt, for Tom it was the fear of his best friend where as for you it was M.

--

"Now where are you going?" Harrison asked, exasperated.

"Calm down I'm just going doing what you asked me to do." Tom answered.

"Well just try to be a little quieter when you two get back." He winked at his best friend, as his eyes went wide and cheeks red in embarrassment.