Chapter 7: An old friend

Franklin was waiting at the schools gate like on every other day. He was waiting for Kay, though he was more nervous this time. Waiting for his now girlfriend. She saw him while he was still looking for her and left out a giggle. She sneaked up to him and clung to his arm.

"H-Huh?" Frank immediately turned around. Kay gave him a kiss to the cheek and spoke. "Don't worry it's only me" She said and winked at him. He chuckled. He wrapped an arm around her since he gained some confidence ever since meeting her. The pair then entered the school grounds together.

As they walked down the corridors they of course had a lot of attention, looks coming from everywhere. Though, they did not care at that moment. He then to his surprise heard a familiar male voice he didn't expect to hear in that school...

"Oh my god It's not who I think it is.... and he got a girl now?!" Franklin heard from behind him and Kay. He released Kay from his arm and turned around. "You...."

Frank then hugged him, which he returned. "Joseph! How and when the hell did YOU get here?" He practically yelled cheerful while Kay was staring at them in confusion. They just patted each others backs firmly before parting. "I see you have a girl now..." Joseph said smirking at Franklin causing him to blush. "Hehe y-yeah..."

Franklin then kept looking over at Kay and Joseph, noticing Kay's confused expression. "Well I  guess I'm gonna have to introduce you guys to each other..." He said. "So... Joseph, this is Kay, m-my girlfriend...And Kay... this is my friend Joseph" He spoke.

He then told Kay their story. He knew him since his childhood and they were friends for a pretty long time...until he initially transferred to Saunders. For a long time, he was his only friend for a long time in Franklins dark past...

"Well since were at it... how did you get here... and more important...when?" Franklin asked him.  "Well I thought it would be neat to surprise you...." He said and punched his shoulder lightly. "And to answer your other question... I joined about a month ago" He added.

"Hold on, I'm here for barely two weeks!" Franklin yelled nearly. Joseph laughed and patted his back. "Damn... I really know how to avoid people don't I?" He remarked slowly calming down. Franklin punched him to the shoulder. "Hey, what was that for now?" Joseph asked.

"For being a jerk and not telling me you were here all along" Franklin replied smirking. Joseph let out a chuckle. He then took something out of his pocket and handed it to Franklin. "Huh? What's thi-" He said looking at it. It was 50 dollars. He just looked at him confused. "Alright... If you remember we had a bet, who gets a girl first? And you obviously won" Joseph said winking at him. "Ahhh s-sure..." Frank remarked and took it. 

"Anyways I gotta go to my class now, have fun you two!" Joseph said and left as the bell ringed. Franklin took Kays hand before they continued on their way back to their class.

"Sooo... you know him since you were kids?" Kay asked and glanced over at him as they walked to their class. "Yeah... he was my only friend for a long time...I think I t-told you already about that period of time..." Franklin replied. "Right..." Kay said and leaned her head on his shoulder. "Lets not think of it okay?" Spoke and glanced at him. He nodded. Kay smiled.

The pair then proceeded to go to their classroom.

~Timeskip~

After the bell ringed following their last period, marking the end of the school day. After packing their things Kay and Franklin left the room together as usual and walked up Joseph in the corridor. "Hey man, since you're back.... how about we three go to the new Café? We as old friends, and your girl?" Joseph suggested. Frank thought about it for a second before answering. "Sure why not?" He responded. "Lets go then!" Joseph said and punched his shoulder lightly.

The three then proceeded to leave the school grounds together and proceeded to walk to the new café that was barely a few streets away from them. As soon as they reached it they all sat down at a table.

"Soo what will you guys take?" Joseph asked as a waiter approached. "Uhh... Just gimme a milkshake,  any milkshake will do fine" Franklin said. "I-I'll just take the same" Kay answered slightly blushing. Franklin giggled and patted her head gently. "You have beautiful soft hair... you know that?" He remarked smiling at her.

Joseph suddenly began to laugh. Both Kay and Franklin looked at him confused. "Oh guys... you two are just too adorable, I can see you both in suit and wedding dress already" He teased them with a wink. Both blushed. "Oh s-shut up J-Joe!" Franklin responded looking away causing him to laugh even more.

"No but serious guys.... you're just too cute together" He said looking at Kay and Frank. "Do you r-really think so?" Kay asked looking at him shyly. "Mhm" He responded nodding. A waiter then brought them their drinks. Joseph then took out some money and paid for all three of them.

"Drinks on me, you two just enjoy each other" He said starting to drink. "T-The way you say that really sounds wrong..." Franklin said causing Joseph to chuckle. "You had these thought not me" He responded smirking causing Franklin to blush again. "W-Whatever..."

Franklin and Kay both started to drink their milkshakes. Kay finished her in record time. Franklin, still drinking his milkshake and Joseph both glanced over at her. "H-Huh? I-Is something wrong?" Kay asked. "Impressive speed... you drunk that whole thing in seconds..." Joseph remarked. "R-Really?" Kay questioned looking at the both of them. Both nodded.

After finishing his milkshake Franklin rested Kays head on his shoulder and wrapped an arm around her. "And this fast drinker is my girlfriend..." He said and chuckled. "Well would you look at the time... It's time for me to leave unfortunately..." Joseph said looking at his wrist watch. "Anyways, you two love birds have fun!" He said winking before he got up and left. Franklin waved after him "Seeya!" He yelled after him.

He then looked back at Kay who nuzzled her head into his neck and gave her a kiss on the forehead. He smiled at her and leaned his head onto hers. "Maybe we do make a great couple..." He muttered looking at her. She looked back at him and started to smile. "Of course we do..."