Chapter 1: Arrival

It was Franklins first day at his new school, the Saunders University High School. He was already really excited. He could study and live out his dreams in once place. His dreams being driving and operating tanks of course. He was on the way to Saunders and his heart rate was already high. Little did he know what things would happen and go down by joining that school...

He could see the schools gates in the distance and his heart was beating really fast. He approached the school slowly because of how nervous he was.

When he reached the gates of the school he shyly entered and made his way to his first class. He walked down the corridor filled with all those new people he'd never seen before. He shyly walked up to his classroom and checked if the numbers were right before he knocked at the door. 

"Come on in!" He heard from inside before he slowly opened the door. "Oh you must be the new guy, I've never seen you in here before!" Said his class teacher. "Y-Yeah" He just replied shyly. "Well then boy, last row take your seat, or do you want to introduce yourself real quick?"

"N-No it's fine!" He said and went to his seat quickly. The teacher then cleared his throat to regain the attention and started with the lesson while Franklin looked around his new class room.

~A few hours later~

It was finally time for break after some hours. Franklin was stopped before he could leave the class though. "Hey new guy!" He heard as the blonde who was sitting next to him during class approached him. "H-Hey do I know you?" He asked. She left out a light giggle before answering. "No I don't think so, my name's Kay!" She said cheerfully. "Hey Kay, I-I'm Franklin, b-but you can call me Frank" He said as he smiled shyly. "Since you're new here I'm gonna show you around a bit and maybe introduce ya to the school okay?" Kay said. "Y-Yeah, thank you I guess" He replied smiling. "Fine then, follow me" She told him and walked off with him.

The pair then walked around the school while Kay showed him everything. They walked through the entire place and chatted a bit even if Franklin was introverted and didn't say much and since there were certain things he kept for himself and told no one Kay was the one talking the most...

On their tour through the school they came by the halls Saunders keeps it's tanks in, which Franklin instantly recognized. He gasped as he realized it. Kay stopped turned him quickly.

"I-Is something wrong?" She asked. She then realized what he was looking at and smirked. "Looks like someone is interested in tankery..." She remarked. "A-Any idea how I c-could join?" He asked excitedly. She giggled. "Just ask the commander and they will sign you up..." Kay responded. "W-Who would that be?" He asked, still excited. "That would be me" Kay responded to him smiling. "W-Would you mind if I joined?" He asked more calmly as he took deep breaths.

She just giggled to his request before she answered. "Of course not, a good friend is always welcome!" She said punching his arm jokingly. "F-Friend?" He said confused. "Of course! I think you and me can become great friends, don't you think?" She answered cheerfully. "B-But you only know me since what... a few hours?" He said in a bit downcast tone. "It's alright, you seem cool" She replied friendly.

~Flashback~

He screamed for help as they pushed him to the wall and threw out everything that was in his locker and laughed at him. He didn't understand why this was happening to him. All he heard from them was that he deserved it.

"N'Aww... are you gonna cry? Then do it you little pussy!" One of them screamed. They threw him to the ground. "You're never gonna have friends... no one would want to be YOUR friend, fucking loser!" Another one yelled. "Remember this... you're worth nothing... you are pathetic" They said and kicked him at the ground. "Teacher's coming!" One of them warned the rest.

"I hope you will remember this you useless idiot!" Was the last thing they said and one of them spit on him before they ran off while he was laying at the ground crying.

~flashback end~

Tears streamed down his face in memory of what happened over the past years...
Kay rested her hand on his shoulder and looked at him with worry in her eyes. "H-Hey are you okay?" She asked staring at him concerned. He instantly wiped away his tears. "N-Nothing... j-just some m-memories..." He responded quickly. Kay sighed.

"You can talk to me... about anything, I don't judge okay?" She tried to calm him down. He simply nodded. "Come here.." She said before pulling him into a hug. He slowly embraced the hug in response. "Wanna talk about it?" She asked him calmly. "M-Maybe another time..." He responded. "Okay then..." She said as she gently patted his back. 

Kay was one of the few friends he ever had due to his complicated past...
They remained a bit more in the hug before parting. "Wanna go grab something to eat to get your mind off?" She asked him hinting at the school cafeteria that was nearby. "S-Sure why not" He responded. Kay smiled. "Lets go then, friend" She said friendly. Franklin smiled back at her.

They went to the cafeteria and chatted for the rest of the break, getting to know each other a bit better even if there were some things that Franklin didn't talk about from his past...
Even if he only knew her for one day, he was starting to really like her... really much

~Timeskip~

School was almost over, it was the last few minutes. Franklin, the good student he was, tried to concentrate on his class even though he couldn't. He was still thinking about what happened... and Kay...

He glanced over at her. She's pretty cute... actually... he thought to himself. He blushed as he realized what he was thinking and looked away from her pretty quick.

The bell then ringed, throwing him out of his thoughts. He sighed and prepared to leave. Before he left he realized a small note on his table. He instantly took it and looked at it. It was a phone number. He just stared at it not knowing why it was there. Eventually he heard a familiar voice...

"If you ever need someone to talk to, gimme a call alright?" Kay said friendly. "O-Of course, thank you" He said smiling shyly. She giggled. "And text me when you get home okay?" She asked him. "Will do" He replied. Kay then, to his surprise, hugged him again, to what he just blushed.

"See ya then my friend!" She said parting from the brief hug. "Y-Yeah s-see you" He replied still somewhat blushing. She left the waved at him before then leaving the room, leaving him alone with his thoughts.

He then grabbed his stuff and also left the classroom at last and got on his way home. When he finally arrived home he just fell onto the bed and sighed. He smiled over what happened. He maybe was exhausted, but he was still happy over what happened. 

He then took out his phone and texted Kay as he promised.

He smiled at his phone as he saw the messages from Kay. She was his first good friend in a while and he already liked her very much.

He might actually found a person that could help him forget his past. He was on his dream school, where he could study and learn tankery, and might even fall for someone...