16 - fin

"YENA, I'M SO PROUD of you."

Minho and I are out of the house, making our way to the bus stop to wait for a bus to take us to his house. I have a backpack full of stuff and he has a suitcase of my clothes. Everything else I left behind because it's just stuff. I don't need it anymore.

"Thanks," I whisper.

"I'm serious." He looks over at me, putting his hand close to mine. "That's the bravest thing I've ever seen anyone do."

I give him a small smile. "It was scary, but I did. And now... I don't ever have to see her again."

"Never again." Minho smiles at me comfortingly.

I smile back. This time, it's a bigger smile. It feels more genuine.

We're waiting for a bus to take us to Minho's place. I'm going to be living with him, away from my abusive mother. I'm going to go to school and get a job to pay for my own things. I'm going to get into college and move into a dorm and make friends.

I'm going to have a friend already. Lee Minho. He will be my first real friend.

And maybe... maybe someday it will develop into something more.

Right now, all I know is that I'm going to start living a good life from this point on. And Minho was the one, despite everything, to help me get here.

We're going to be best friends and learn a lot living together.

And maybe, just maybe, we will both eventually learn how to love.