Chapter Six. I hate you...do you want to share the bed?

Chapter Six. 

{Millie}

“Seriously Dan? Can you please come up with something else?” complained James as I rolled my eyes and pushed myself away from the car, walking toward the lake's edge. Dan just shook his head and lent back against his car with a girl draped around his waist. I dipped my feet in the water and quickly pulled it back out. Holy shit that’s cold!

“James, I won fair and square. Now stop complaining and just do it.” I listened as I scouted out the dark lake once more before turning around to look at the small crowd that had decided it would be fun to come and watch two idiots do a stupid dare.

“But that’s just stupid man! We could drown or something!” complained James, yet again. I spun toward him with a hand on my hip.

“James just man up, or is the real reason you don’t want to race me across the lake is because you're scared I'll win?” James seemed stunned by my words and looked at the lake, then back to me.

“Seriously? You’re actually ok with swimming across that?” he asked pointing to the dark waters of the lake. “At this time of night? Because let me tell you the only thing I’m worried about is you finding some way to get stuck and drowning out there.” I rolled my eyes and walked over to James, Dan and the on lookers as I started to take off my shoes

“Well if I start to drown you can save me and I’ll do the same for you,” I said and held out my hand to James, he took it in his own and shook.

“I promise to save you if you drown out there little girl if you do the same for me” he said with a smile. I rolled my eyes at him but shook his hand.

“Now let’s race,” I said looking up into James' face and pointing toward Dan.

“He won remember? so we kind of have to do the dare.” James let out a deep breath and turned to glare at Dan

“Dude your dares suck” James hissed before kicking off his shoes and removing his shirt till he was just in his pants.

“Ready to lose Little Girl?” he said taking a step toward the lake. I smirked and ran till I was a step in front of him.

“No James, tonight you’re going to lose and I’m going to get part of my revenge on you for scratching my car, constantly calling me names, arguing with me over nothing even when you know I’m right and now getting me stuck into this race across this freezing cold lake.” James just snorted and rolled his eyes.

“First off, you’re not going to win, secondly you pushed me so in a way you scratched your own car, thirdly you're always calling me names and arguing with me even if you know I’m right and lastly it’s just as much your fault as it is mine that we lost your little game.” I decided to ignore him as I took my starting spot on the lake's jetty.

We had to swim from here out to a small floating boy in the middle of the large lake and back the first one back to the jetty wins. Dan and the on lookers where standing behind us, some taking bets, others bring out their phones to record the race. The floating thing in the middle of the water was about 20 meters out into the lake and I was now standing on the edgy just waiting to start.