Chapter Five

Chapter Five

Seth was furious with himself that was his chance to kill her, to get her out of his life and instead he had saved her and deep down he knew he would always protect her from any danger even if he refused to let destiny take hold. He would always be there to make sure she was safe after all that is all he could offer her. It wasn’t as though it was her fault she was destined to be with a vampire, and it wouldn’t be fair on her to drag her into a world that he had never wanted to be part of in the first place.

He looked out of the window and saw her standing in the same spot he had left her in, she hadn’t moved she looked like a statue. He had rejected her and he had no problem with that, but she was still a hindrance to him, because he still felt the need to look after her.

Opening his back door he went back to her, not able to stay away, he was drawn to her, her soft voice, mesmerising eyes and beautiful face had made him weak the second he had seen her. He stopped in front of her and looked down at her she was dazed; no doubt, the shock of being attacked by a demon had sunk in.

“Come with me,” he told her extending his hand to her.

Paige looked up startled by the sound of his deep voice and without thinking placed her hand in his for the second time that night. He took her to his house and shut the door behind them.

She was awestruck by his house it was beautiful, his living room looked warm and inviting, no doubt to lull his victims into a false sense of security before he struck. She sat down on his sofa and stared at him as he poured something red into a glass, she felt sick at the realisation it was probably blood.

“Its wine,” he told her handing it to her, “I prefer my blood a little fresher.”

Shakily she took the wine from him, as their hands brushed she shuddered and dropped the glass, but with his inhuman speed he caught it before it hit the creamy carpet below.

“Don’t worry, I’m not going to kill you,” he reassured.

His tone was different to what she had heard before, it was soft and gentle and she found herself smiling at him as he put the glass down in front of her.

“I’m sure you have questions,” he muttered relaxing back into the big leather chair opposite her.

The very fact she was sitting in the same room as the vampire that had attempted to kill her only a few nights ago seemed to evade her, she looked at him in wonder he was actually going to let her question him.

“What is your name?” she whispered.

Of all the questions, she could ask, she asks such a human thing, he thought with a smirk, “Seth.”

“Why didn’t you let that thing kill me?”

Seth was thrown by her question he was expecting her to ask him about being a vampire, or how old he was, but it seemed she wanted to know more about what had happened tonight.

“It would have possessed you, you would have died eventually but the pain you would have felt would have been like nothing you could ever imagine.” He revealed.

Paige sighed, it still didn’t make sense why would he care if she suffered, it wasn’t that she wanted to die but since she had found out about vampires, she was seeing things differently.

“What’s it like?” She asked him, swishing the wine around in her glass.

“That’s not an easy thing to explain, but all of those things you did when you were human become tedious, you see the world is a more beautiful place through the eyes of a vampire, you humans spend all your life fighting each other and not appreciating the beauty of the world and then you die, it’s pathetic.”

It might have been pathetic to him, but it wasn’t for her she was living her life how she wanted to, and she wasn’t bored of it, she didn’t believe she was missing out on anything.

“You’re wrong about us being pathetic,” she snapped.

Seth raised his eyebrows and went to speak but she interrupted him.

“You see we have something you don’t, love!” she hissed.

Seth growled at that, if only she knew he thought furiously, he was capable of love she was clear proof of that, because he had never given it a second thought about killing anyone. He had killed so many beautiful women and it hadn’t bothered him in the slightest, but she was a puzzle to him.

“You know nothing about vampires, nothing at all,” he told her harshly.

“I don’t want to know anything about them!” she snapped, it was true she wanted to go back to her life before she knew about them.

With a blink of an eye, he was licking her neck, and biting down over the wounds he had already left. She gripped onto the back of his shirt trying to stop him, but the pain she expected was gone and was replaced with a warm feeling. It was almost tender the way he was holding her as he drank her blood, she could feel her head spinning as a result of the blood loss and then he reared back and was gone. He was pacing around by the window leaving her overcome with a feeling of coldness.

Every now and then he would glance at her, he had gone too far, he shouldn’t have brought her into his home; he had put temptation there, and tempt him she had. He needed her like he needed blood, and he hated that feeling more than anything he had ever felt. It wasn’t just her blood he wanted though now he was yearning for her body he wanted to feel that soft skin beneath him, wanted to touch her, bite her, he wanted to make her beg him to take her.

Paige touched the wound on her neck, but there was no blood there he must have healed it again she thought as she looked over at him, he looked conflicted about something, as was she. Was he trying to prove a point about how supreme his kind were she wondered, but it wasn’t that it was something else bothering her, the way it had felt so good when he touched her.

“You need to leave,” he told her firmly, if she didn’t get out he was going to lose control and turn her.

 Vote, comment Fan :)