Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine.

Seth’s hands froze on her legs and he stared into her eyes, “Isn’t this what you want?”

She nodded her head, and then shook it she didn’t know what she wanted and he certainly didn’t he was blowing hot and cold so much that she couldn’t work out whether he wanted to kill her, or kiss her. She sighed in relief at the welcome interruption of Marcus strolling into her bedroom.

Marcus raised his eyebrows at the compromising position that they were in and smirked at Seth, “What do we have here?”

Seth seemed to come to his senses and jumped off the bed and threw the sheets back over her, so that Marcus couldn’t see anything and then he turned to face him furious for the unwanted interruption.

“Let's go,” he said gripping Marcus’s arm and dragging him from the room.

Paige glared at the retreating vampires and grabbed her dressing gown pulling it on and chasing after them, she needed to know what he wanted from her, but by the time she got to the bottom of the stairs they were no where to be seen.

Marcus was annoyed that he had walked in on them if he had just left it a while longer then Seth would have no doubt claimed her. Seth was silent as they made their way into the town centre to hunt, and Marcus thought it better not to question him. He stopped abruptly when the scent of the demon he had been tracking hit him, he was close by and it looked like his plan to feed was over as he started to follow the scent.

“Where are you going the bars are this way,” Seth said frowning at Marcus who was walking towards the old church that stood in the centre of town. Seth shuddered as he followed Marcus into the church, it was a beautiful church and Seth could remember when it had been built, but now it was looking old and tired the bricks crumbling, leaving it looking neglected.

He raised his eyebrows at the sight of a man on his knees, kneeling at the foot of the cross, pleading and muttering incoherently. “What are we doing here?” Seth asked, as they approached the figure.

Marcus nodded his head to the man that had his back to him and Seth glared at him, so he read his thoughts again deciding it was easier than trying to get an answer out of him. He smirked after he had read his thoughts and walked around to the front of the steps and looked down at Zak.

“He won’t help you,” Seth said motioning to the stained glass window depicting Jesus.

Zak’s head shot up and he looked at Seth with fear and then anger as he fought against the demon that was taking over his body and mind. He had come to the church in hope that it would stop the demon, but it seemed to make him angrier.

“If that demon leaves you now you will die anyway,” Marcus informed him standing next to Seth. He knelt down and pressed his hand to Zak’s head and muttering in Latin.

Zak slumped down against the steps and then rose up again, but this time it wasn’t Zak that was talking it was the demon inside him, he was weak from being in the church which meant he couldn’t attack.

“Ipes what do you want with the girl?” Marcus asked looking into the black eyes of the demon.

“Her soul is pure,” he rasped with a smirk.

That angered Seth, he hated demons but this one was strong and he couldn’t attack it when he was at an unfair advantage, because all hell would break loose, quite literally.