Chapter twenty-Nine

Chapter Twenty-Nine

Seth wiped the blood from his mouth and stepped over the bodies of the two women he had just killed, he was aware that someone was watching him so he turned around to face the shadows and growled as Marcus walked towards him.

“What do you want?” he asked his eyes flashing with anger.

Marcus ignored his question and walked around him, he stopped and looked down at the two women that lay at Seth’s feet and shook his head. He had seen him leave the church and he was tempted to go inside and speak to Paige but instead he had followed Seth.

“You need my help,” he told him finally tearing his eyes away from the women.

Marcus gauged Seth’s reaction but was surprised to see that he was in agreement with him, he had no clue why Seth seemed to have had a sudden change of heart, but he was not going to argue with him over it.

“You’re right you could be useful, but if you go anywhere near her again I swear I will kill you this time. Have I made myself clear?” he warned.

Marcus nodded and followed Seth from the small hotel room the women had obviously been staying in; he closed the door behind him and walked down the long corridor behind Seth. They had only got to the top of the stairs when someone discovered the bodies of the women and screams were heard throughout the hotel.

“Opps,” Seth muttered as they left the hotel and made their way back to the church on the edge of the town.

Paige stepped back in fright at the sight of a wild-eyed April; she stumbled and fell to the floor with a thud. April laughed at Paige’s attempt to escape her and moved in on her, she pinned her to the floor and bared her fangs.

“Why are you doing this?” Paige asked her voice trembling.

April tugged Paige’s brown curls to the side roughly, exposing her neck; she licked her lips and went straight for her throat. Paige tried to stop her attack, she pulled her hair trying to get her off her neck, but it was useless. April reared back, her mouth was covered in Paige’s blood, and she smiled coldly at her.

“Don’t you see Seth turned me because he wants me to keep him company for eternity, if he wanted you then he would have turned you wouldn’t he?” she mocked.

Paige wasn’t going to let her fill her head with doubt, she knew that Seth was stalling but she knew it was because he didn’t like what he was and that was the reason he didn’t want to turn her. Paige looked around the graveyard and grimaced, she knew no one was coming. Seth had gone to feed and she didn’t know how long that was going to take exactly. Realising that she might be about to die she didn’t hold back on April.

“So he wants you then?” she asked her seriously.

April let go of Paige and stood up straight, she looked down at Paige and rolled her eyes, as if the pitiful human girl could even ask that question. What would a beautiful creature like Seth see in a flawed human girl?

“Of course he wants me, my skin is like porcelain, my body is perfect and my hair is to die for, and you seriously ask that question? Have you see yourself little human?” she asked with a shrill laugh.