Chapter Eighteen

Chapter eighteen

Her blood was divine, it was so rich, and he couldn’t get enough as he drank in greedy gulps aware that she was slipping away from him. As her blood coursed through his veins he felt strong again, ready to break out of the prison of his crypt. He felt Paige go limp in his arms and he laid her down on the stone floor of the crypt, any other time he would have tossed his victim aside, but he had liked that girl, but it was him or her.

Marcus woke from the dream in a panic, he looked over at where Paige was curled up nervously, scared that he might not have been dreaming, but to his relief she was there and very much alive. He got up and lifted the heavy lid to his coffin and lay down inside.

“Close the lid, bolt it up, and no matter what happens do not let me out,” he ordered.

He could not trust himself, it had only been a dream, but what was to say the next one wouldn’t be real, it was too much of a risk, he was a liability.

Paige frowned at him and pulled herself up so that she was looking at him lying in the coffin, “Why?”

“Just do it!” he growled, his voice thick with hunger.

She didn’t argue with him and closed the lid securing the heavy bolts, she looked at the bolts and grimaced wondering if it would be enough to stop him. She was all alone, he was alright in there; if Isabella and Ipes came back, she would be dead for sure. She slumped back against the wall and started to sob, how had her life come to this she wondered looking around still unable to see properly.  

Marcus was struggling to contain himself, that bitch Isabella had it planned out, she stopped him from feeding so that when she finally got her hands on Paige he would be starving. Despite the fact he liked the girl the monster inside was taking over and he doubted the lid of the coffin was going to stop him from getting to her.

Paige sat close to the entrance to the crypt praying that someone would come and get them; she jumped in fright as she heard Marcus banging against the lid of the coffin. Shakily she limped over to the coffin, “Marcus?” she whispered.

As one of the bolts flew off the coffin she screamed and jumped back in fear hitting the hard floor with a painful thud, her heart was pounding as another of the bolts flew from the coffin and bounced across the floor banging against the wall. She pulled herself up nervously and crept over to the coffin, she looked down at it, he must have managed to calm down she thought as she took another step back, but the moment she moved, the lid flew off and Marcus climbed out. His eyes were as black as the night sky, the hunger obvious in them as he stalked towards her looking more ferocious than she had ever seen Seth. She scrambled away from him on her hands and knees, sobbing and gasping for breath, his dark laughter only intensifying her fear.

Marcus smirked coldly as he watched her try to get away from him, it was always more fun when they tried to escape, and he loved their feeble attempts to fight back before he finally gave in and killed them.

The sound of the heavy stone moving had her rushing to the entrance, and as it opened and she saw him she cried harder, but if she thought that was going to stop Marcus she had another thing coming as he pounced on her, she screamed and slammed her eyes shut. The heaviness of his body on hers was gone within seconds, the crypt shook and the rotten bricks crumbled further as Seth slammed Marcus from wall to wall.