10. Angoscia

Aro claps giddily and waits for the two vampires to approach him. “My dear, dear Alice, we're so glad to see you here after all.” He sighs happily. Two guards walk out of the formation and stop the couple. They try to struggle, but to no avail. The petite looking girl gives up and locks her eyes on the leader.

“I have evidence the child won't be a risk to our kind.” Alice declares as Aro eyes her with suspicion. She smiles halfheartedly and extends her hand. “You can look for yourself.” The dark haired leader mentions to let go of Alice, but the guards keep their grip onto the petrified male vampire. Alice struts quickly towards Aro.

I keep my intense gaze on them and observe everything carefully still using my gift. In case Jane decides to use this moment for an unexpected attack. I do trust Bella’s shield, but still.. Just in case. Alice’s small hand slips into Aro’s and he concentrates. After a few seconds he opens his eyes. A strange warm feeling overwhelms me, the world fades a little and hot nervousness pours down my back. I blink quickly and take back my vision. Suddenly, Alice’s face changes and she harshly lets go of Aro’s hand.

“It doesn't matter what I show you. Even when you see, you still won't change your decision.” She states angrily and turns towards us. “Now” she whispers. Bella takes Renesmee’s hand and looks into Jacob’s eyes.

“Take care of my daughter.” She whispers sorrowfully as Jacob whines sadly and turns around. I smile at Renesmee one last time as she returns the favor and Jacob runs off with her on his back. Reality hits me like a thunderbolt as I realize what is going to happen. My eyes widen and I distribute my feelings and strategies in order. My fists clench and I prepare myself for the inevitable.

Suddenly, out of thin air, Alice attacks Aro. She gracefully turns and kicks him in the jaw sending him flying, but he regains his balance and contends with the ground properly. He mentions his Guards to take a hold of her. They grab her arms harshly and drag her further away. I stand in my place like a stone, while all of our alliance steps forward unsure what to do. My hands and knees start to congeal because of the anger, hatred, fear and unavoidable future. We look between each other as Carlisle loses his temper.

“Let her go!” he orders angrily and dashes towards his daughter and the guards that are restraining her.

“Carlisle!” I yell as I notice Aro leaping out of their formation, but I’m too late.

They charge at each other with full force and jump into the air. A loud crack echoes through the field. Aro lands on his feet loudly, sending heavy vibrations. He straightens himself and smiles menacingly as he raises his hand, which holds a decapitated head. Everything stops. I cover my mouth with my hand as I feel my ice cold heart splinter into million sharp pieces. Silence, nausea and anguish wrap all around us. Carlisle’s body lands a few feet behind Aro. A heartbreaking scream rips out of Esme’s throat as sounds of a flaming body inhibit everything. I feel pain choking me as I look at the flames. ‘My most treasured friend.. My family..’

Immense anger and hatred flares up in me. Without thinking I throw myself forward with a sinister growl and dash towards the Volturi with a severe thirst for revenge. The wolf packs, my family and our friends follow me and all of our alliance launches into an attack. I concentrate my gaze on my first target. Aro. He raises his hands.

“Get them.” He whispers his fatal order. His eyes meet mine as a threatening smirk breaks on his face. “And bring her to me.”