007

𝙺𝙾𝙵𝙸 𝚉𝙰𝙸𝚁𝙴 𝙺𝙸𝙽𝙶𝚂𝚃𝙾𝙽𝙱𝚁𝙾𝙾𝙺𝙻𝚈𝙽,𝙽𝙴𝚆 𝚈𝙾𝚁𝙺

𝙺𝙾𝙵𝙸 𝚉𝙰𝙸𝚁𝙴 𝙺𝙸𝙽𝙶𝚂𝚃𝙾𝙽
𝙱𝚁𝙾𝙾𝙺𝙻𝚈𝙽,𝙽𝙴𝚆 𝚈𝙾𝚁𝙺

Kofi chuckled as he stood on the porch of his home and heard the familiar sound that was the Ice cream trunk. He looked over to the right of him and heard the familiar patter of little feet running in the direction of the truck which brought back memories. His mind flashed back to when he was just a little boy who enjoyed the simple things-- such as catching up to the ice cream truck or even catching the school bus with Lamonte, Khalil, and Andre right behind him. Him and his friends were always the last to catch the bus because they always got caught up doing something they had no business doing.

Kofi blew out the smoke from his blunt and coughed at how strong it was feeling the high hit him as he watched the Ice cream truck come to a full stop. He squinted his eyes trying to see who the driver of the bus was and saw that it was no other than Eddie. Eddie was the ice cream man from when he was a kid himself and had been running the ice cream truck happily for the past 20 years. He was heading well into his late 50s and still smiling the same despite the thieving ass kids that lurked in the neighborhood.

Kofi chuckled when he heard the old man's hearty laugh and turned to go back inside his one story home. His house wasn't much that special but it was paid off and somewhere to lay his head. The appliances in the home were half upgrades while others were as old as the home was built. Kofi thought about renovating on numerous occasions, but then he remembered that he didn't plan to stay in the hood forever. Kofi plopped down on the black couch and stretched his legs looking over at the TV that hung loosely on the wall. He knew he shouldn't have hired Rocky and his pack of animalistic friends to hang his TV, but they each swore up and down they've done it a thousand times. Kofi frowned remembering when he came home to his pantry half full and the wack TV job the boys did. He vowed that he'd hire somebody to hang the TV for him but it always slipped to the back of his mind seeing that he was so busy.

He turned the TV on and took a long pull from his blunt as he scrolled through the TV options and clicked on Spotify. Kofi was no doubt a lover of sound and music because both brought him to serenity and peace. He loved the vibe music gave him and how everything sounded more clear and intense high. He loved that he could escape from the world through the lyrics of other artists, or even relate to what some of the artists either rapped about or sang.

Kofi decided to go to his Early vibes playlist which consisted of songs from both the 90s and 2000s. and scrolled through the long playlist trying to find the song that fit his current vibe. Kofi pressed play once he came across the song he wanted and blasted Renee by Lost Boyz. He vibed out and laid his head against the headrest as he took a pull from the blunt and blew a cloud of smoke out. He closed his eyes and listened to the words spacing out not even noticing the pounding on his door. He jumped when the pounding got harder on his door and his name was called and he recognized the voice.